Our Featured Product
Are you thinking of buying a fishing watercraft?
Do you want something that is high on quality and performance, but is not too expensive?
Have you heard about the Hobie Boat brand or want to find out more about this really popular company?
If buying a high-grade paddlecraft is on your mind, but you don’t really want to spend too much money for it, then this article is the one you need to read. Because here, we are taking a detailed look at one of the most popular and functional fishing watercraft from the Hobie Boat brand, which could very well turn out to be your choice of paddlecraft!
We’re taking a look at the brand, these options they make and why they’re such a hit with their customers. We’re sharing detailed review of the Hobie 2019 Mirage Passport watercraft, along with specific features, things that are really good about the way it is made, pros and cons, price range, and what customers have to say. So, without any more delay, let’s help you find your perfect boat.
All you want to know about Hobie Watercrafts
The Hobie Paddlecraft brand, founded by Hobie Alter, has been around since 1950. It’s aim was to help customers fulfil their lifestyle of fun, water and a lot of fun.
CHECK THEM HERE: https://www.hobie.com/boats/
Where are they located?
The company is based out of California in the United States of America, but it also has a lot of offices all over the world, including:
- North and South America
- Middle East
- South Asia
- South Pacific
These offers that Hobie Paddlecrafts are best known for
While they also have other products such as gear, sail, pedalboards and more, they are best known for their fishing watercrafts.
Is Hobie Boats a good brand for fishing and recreational paddlecrafts?
Since mid-1960s, the brand has been used and loved by the Who’s Who of surfing giants, especially because of its quality, design and performance.
Detailed review of the Hobie Mirage fishing watercraft
Still wondering if you should go ahead and buy a fishing boat from the Hobie Paddlecraft brand? Read this detailed review below of the Hobie Mirage Fishing Watercraft that you can buy from Amazon and check it out for yourself.
Hobie 2019 Mirage Passport 10.5 – Pedal Fishing Boat
The Hobie 2019 Mirage Passport 10.5 Pedal Fishing Paddlecraft is a Mirage Drive Classic Model, which is actually a tribute to the original Hobie Mirage Drive watercraft by the same brand. This particular boat model is a non-GT drive and comes with ST fins. The paddles are aluminium 2 piece paddle while the seat has a suspended mesh aluminium frame that makes it especially comfortable for the paddler to spend longer hours out there on the water while kayaking or fishing.
The Hobie 2019 Mirage Passport paddlecraft is very easy to use, especially because of the retractable steering system that it has, along with the stowable rudder. The watercraft also comes with two molded-in rod holders as well as two accessory mounting tracks that give you more scope for customization.
The boat features an 8 twist-n-seal hatch where you can store in all your gear safely that you may need for the day, without having to worry about storage or your things not being safe while you are outdoors.
Dimensions are length 10 ft 6 in / 32 m X width 34 in / 86.36 cm. Maximum capacity 325 lb / 147.42 kg. Weight of this sit on top paddlecraft is 65 lb / 29.48 kg. Made of polyethylene. Seats 1.
Here are some specific features, as well as the dimensions of this option that makes it unique from similar competitor items:
- ST fins make it easier and faster to reach through difficult waters, with added stability and comfort over current and different water levels
- Vertical accessory tube and molded-in rod holders (2) let you sail comfortably on open waters or go ahead and fish in the flat water with equal ease
- Suspended mesh aluminium frame seat
- Retractable steering system makes it super comfortable and easy to steer the watercraft even in the most difficult water or situation
- Twist and stow rudder helps to make your steering process simplified and make navigation easier and more enjoyable
- Accessory mounting tracks (2) makes it easier for you to safely keep your accessories within reach, so that you can reach out and get something when you need it, even in the middle of paddling
- 8 twist-n-seal hatch to keep all your belongings and gear safe and dry
- Available in 2 beautiful and very bright visible colours – Seagrass (a bright yet muted lemony yellow/green colour) and Slate (a beautiful teal and blue mix shade)
What We Liked:
One of the things that all customers seem to really like about this particular product is its quality.
- For a peddle boat that is so lightweight, this paddlecraft is of a really high quality, especially as compared to other watercrafts of a similar competitor brand.
- The construction of this watercraft model makes it really stable, which means that you can easily and safely stand on it while fishing, without the risk of toppling over.
- It also moves very smooth over all types of water and current, whether you are out in the open water or out for fishing in the flat water.
What Could be Improved:
The Hobie 2019 Mirage Passport boat is a much loved and popular paddlecraft for those who regularly go out fishing and boating. While all their features are designed in such a way that they give their customers the most amazing experience and the best features, there is one aspect that they could have improved in this particular watercraft model.
- As of now, the Hobie 2019 Mirage Passport boat does not have an adjustable seat, which, we think, is something the company can look into and maybe improve in their coming models or new manufacturing batches.
- This does not mean that you will find it uncomfortable to sit in this paddlecraft seat for long. In fact, they have made sure that they use a suspended mesh aluminium frame seat that will help to improve air ventilation and keep you feeling cool and comfortable even when you are out for long hours.
- However, making the seat adjustable could add extra comfort, especially for those who are looking to adjust their seat height or maybe switch it to a reclining position sometime during their trip on the water.
- Better pricing as compared to similar quality models
- Great quality pedal drive
- Impressive stability
- Perfect accessories for fishing
- Very reliable rudder
- Lightweight and easy to transport to and from water
- Comfortable removable seat
- Great for floating and fishing
- This choice can carry a load of weight easily
- Product delivery happens as per promised
- Care and attention given to packaging for online deliveries
- Seat is not adjustable
Do we recommend this offer?
Yes, we definitely recommend that you check out the Hobie 2019 Mirage Passport watercraft as it is one of the most popular and high quality boat that is created in recent times, that too keeping the budget in mind.
5 Expert Tips for Fishing Watercraft By Hobies
- Choose a boat that is the right size for you. A paddlecraft that is too big or too small can be difficult to maneuver and uncomfortable.
- Make sure your watercraft has plenty of storage space for all of your fishing gear. Look for models with built-in rod holders, tackle boxes, and other compartments.
- Invest in a quality paddle. A good paddle will make it easier to navigate the waters and help you stay on course.
- Check the weather before heading out on the water. Windy conditions can make it difficult to control your boat, so plan accordingly.
- Wear a life jacket at all times while fishing from your paddlecraft. This will help keep you safe in case of an emergency.
ALSO: Consider investing in a fish finder or GPS system to help you locate the best spots for fishing!
Beneficial Information For Readers
These things are a great way to enjoy nature and the outdoors. You can't get the same fun and unique experience on any other kind of boat. They are easy to move and store because they are small and light. This makes them great for people who don't have a lot of space or time. They are also very stable in the water, so you can fish in comfort without having to worry about them tipping over. Plus, they come with a lot of features, like rod holders, tackle boxes, and even live wells to keep your catch fresh. No matter if you want a calm paddle or a high-energy adventure, these products will give you hours of fun on the water!
Good Usage Ideas: What Can You Use Them For?
There are 3 main ways to use these watercrafts: First, they are great for fishing in shallow water. Because they have a low profile and a wide hull, they can easily get through tight spaces and get close to the shore. Second, because they are stable and comfortable, they are also great for long trips. The adjustable seating system lets you change your position to stay comfortable even after paddling for hours. Lastly, these boats come with extras like rod holders, tackle boxes, and live wells, which make them perfect for serious anglers who want to catch as many fish as possible. With all of these features, it's easy to see why these items are still some of the most popular choices for fishermen today.
The Cons: What To Know
Even if having a Hobie fishing boat has numerous benefits, there are also downsides to keep in mind. They might be fairly pricey, to start. You must also pay for any additional equipment, including paddles and life jackets, in addition to the paddlecraft itself. In addition, moving these paddlecrafts from one location to another frequently involves more work due to their weight compared to other varieties of fishing boats. Fortunately, these drawbacks may be minimized. For instance, instead of purchasing a Hobie fishing watercraft entirely, if money is a concern, it could be worth looking at used models or renting one. In addition, buying a cart or trailer made expressly for carrying your boat may make it much simpler to move about with little effort.
What Specifications Should Be Used To Evaluate Them?
The most important quantitative metrics for evaluating these kayaking products are stability, speed, maneuverability, storage capacity, and comfort. How effectively the paddlecraft handles rough waves and high gusts without flipping over is how stable it is. The watercraft's ability to traverse the water swiftly is used to gauge speed. How effortlessly it can turn and maneuver through small areas is how manoeuvrability is measured. How much equipment and supplies it can store will decide how much storage space it has. Finally, the ability to sit comfortably for extended periods of time is a key indicator of comfort. When contrasting these items with those of their rivals, it's critical to consider all of these aspects to determine which one provides the best overall performance.
Using It First Hand: What To Expect
With these watercrafts, you can get out on the water and go fishing. They are stable, comfortable, and easy to use in ways that other boats can't match. Hobie fishing boats come in a wide range of sizes and features, so there is sure to be one that fits your needs. The MirageDrive system lets you move without using your hands, and the vantage seating is more comfortable and gives you more support. The rudder system is easy to use in any weather because it can be changed. Also, the built-in rod holders make it easy to keep your rods close by when you're ready to cast off. Whether you have fished before or are just starting out, a Hobie fishing boat will give you hours of fun on the water.
In principle, the following are the steps for utilizing various types of paddlecrafts: To begin, make sure you have all of the appropriate safety equipment, such as a life jacket and whistle. Next, connect any attachments to your paddlecraft, such as rod holders or fish finders. Third, make sure you're comfortable when paddling by adjusting the sitting position and foot pedals. Fourth, before launching your watercraft, double-check that all of the straps and buckles are securely fastened. Fifth, move yourself forward in the water using a paddle. Finally, have fun boat fishing! You can simply operate a Hobie fishing paddlecraft for a nice day out on the lake if you follow these simple guidelines.
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 21:04 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.