Our Choice Recommendation
Have you ever heard of the Hobie kayak company?
How long has this company been around?
Are they a popular choice among paddlers?
The Hobie kayak company is a well-known brand name among higher end kayaks. The company offers several different kayaks within their product lines, including those meant for fishing, touring, and rapids. Among their offerings is the pedal kayak, which is a unique product Hobie has perfected over the years.
The Hobie company also makes pedalboards, sailboats, stand-up paddleboards, and surfboards. Along with these watercraft, customers can also purchase accessories and gear from the Hobie line. Check out these additional Hobie kayak facts:
***LIFETIME TAMARACK ANGLER KAYAKS & MORE: See the Lifetime Tamarack Angler for fishing and more in our review collection. Lifetime Kayak.
- This company has been around since the 1950s and has remained a popular choice among professionals across many water-based sports.
- Today, advanced paddlers purchase Hobie brand kayaks for use at home as well as in professional competitions.
- They’re not just for athletes, but they are often endorsed by athletes, too.
Where can you find a Hobie kayak for sale, anyway? Although Hobie brand kayaks and other products are often sold in sporting goods stores and wherever surfboards are sold, they can also be purchased online. You can buy them through the company’s web site as well as through online dealers and marketplaces.
In this article, we’ll show you five of our favorite Hobie kayaks. Check them out and see for yourself what a difference this brand really makes in the world of kayaking.
Option #1. Hobie Mirage Passport Pedal Fishing Kayak
As one of the most popular Hobie products, the Hobie Mirage Passport Pedal Fishing Kayak is available in either soft blue or bright yellow. This kayak includes a Mirage pedal drive and comes with an aluminum paddle so you can steer and pedal securely right away.
- The kayak has rod holders as well as accessory mounts.
- The included mesh seat is supportive and comfortable.
- This kayak has the lowest weight limit of these offers on our list, coming in at 325 pounds.
- The kayak doesn’t include as much storage as some others from Hobie.
Option #2. Hobie Quest 13 Deluxe Kayak
Bring home the No products found. when you’re looking for a great multi-purpose watercraft with a lot of speed behind it. This kayak is great for exploring but can also be used for fishing, and it moves faster than most of the others from the Hobie line.
- There is plenty of below-deck storage on this kayak as well as some on-deck bungee storage too.
- The included seat is adjustable and ergonomically designed.
- The kayak only supports up to 350 pounds, which is lighter than the capacities of most others from Hobie.
- This kayak doesn’t have a lot of extra features.
Option #3. Hobie Mirage Compass Pedal Kayak
Go with the Hobie Mirage Compass Pedal Kayak when you want to enjoy touring and exploring with the assistance of fins and pedals. This kayak is fitted with a Mirage drive and has rudders that can be retracted or expanded depending on how you need to use it.
- There is ample bungee storage on this kayak.
- The sit-on-top design is easy to mount and dismount.
- The included fins may not be as durable as the rest of the kayak.
- Although this kayak comes in several colors, it may be difficult to find some of them in stock.
Option #4. Hobie 2019 Mirage Outback
The Hobie 2019 Mirage Outback is one of the more popular products from the Hobie line. This fishing kayak is designed to keep you on the water comfortably for longer stretches of time, and it features a built-in Mirage 180 pedal drive for plenty of convenient use on the go.
- This kayak includes bungee and hatch style storage as well as a mount area for a transducer if you choose to add one.
- This kayak is available in six stylish and unique colors.
- This kayak doesn’t offer as much storage space as some others from the line.
- The kayak has a part that has been updated under a product recall, so customers should reach out to the company before using this kayak.
Option #5. Hobie 2020 Mirage Pro Angler 12
Available in both off-white and bright orange, the Hobie 2020 Mirage Pro Angler 12 is one of the highest-end kayaks from this company. This option comes with the Hobie Mirage Drive pedal drive and fin attachments as well as six rod holders and an appropriate paddle. Best of all, this kayak is fitted with plenty of storage space to keep you out on the water all day long, if you choose. With a capacity of up to 500 pounds, you can bring along all your gear.
- This kayak includes a transducer mount so you can attach a fishfinder (sold separately) in no time.
- The included seat can be adjusted and features ergonomic lumbar support to keep you comfortable no matter how much time you want to spend fishing.
- This kayak weighs about sixty pounds with everything installed and may be difficult to transport and haul without help.
- The kayak is very expensive, and it’s well above the budget of many customers who are looking to get into kayak-based fishing.
So what do you think? Is Hobie right for you? The Hobie company is a strongly recommended option for anyone looking to delve deeper into the world of kayaking. Of course, these kayaks aren’t for everyone, so it’s important to determine whether or not they can really work for your needs. Here are a few factors to keep in mind:
- If you have the funds to spend on a high-end kayak, Hobie may be the best brand to pick.
- If you’re an intermediate paddler looking to move up to advanced status, Hobie can help make that possible.
- If you are already an advanced paddler and want to treat yourself to a top-of-the-line boat, Hobie is a good option.
- And finally, if you are a competitive kayaker or an athlete, you may want to check out Hobie and see why so many others in the sporting world endorse this brand above all else.
Many customers across all different skill levels and walks of life strongly recommend Hobie. These kayaks may not be best for beginners or for anyone who’s trying to determine whether or not they want to stick with kayaking. However, if you’re a long-term kayaker and you’ve already had a chance to learn the basics, Hobie is the way to go.
But where should you start? Which of their products is the best choice? Remember that each of the kayak models and product lines available from Hobie have their own strengths and weaknesses, and each one is designed for a different type of kayaking experience.
With that said, the most popular of their products is the Mirage Passport kayak. This kayak is more affordable than many others from this company, compact enough to store and transport securely, and easy to learn how to steer. It’s also a pedal kayak, which is one of the most sought-after styles from the Hobie line.
Of course, any of these choices is sure to be a great choice for your kayaking needs. Pick from the Hobie lineup and get ready to see the difference!
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 13:35 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.