Our Choice Recommendation
Have you ever heard of the Hobie kayak company?
How long has this company been around?
Are they a popular choice among paddlers?
The Hobie kayak company is a well-known brand name among higher end kayaks. The company offers several different kayaks within their product lines, including those meant for fishing, touring, and rapids. Among their offerings is the pedal kayak, which is a unique product Hobie has perfected over the years.
The Hobie company also makes pedalboards, sailboats, stand-up paddleboards, and surfboards. Along with these watercraft, customers can also purchase accessories and gear from the Hobie line. Check out these additional Hobie kayak facts:
- This company has been around since the 1950s and has remained a popular choice among professionals across many water-based sports.
- Today, advanced paddlers purchase Hobie brand kayaks for use at home as well as in professional competitions.
- They’re not just for athletes, but they are often endorsed by athletes, too.
Where can you find a Hobie kayak for sale, anyway? Although Hobie brand kayaks and other products are often sold in sporting goods stores and wherever surfboards are sold, they can also be purchased online. You can buy them through the company’s web site as well as through online dealers and marketplaces.
In this article, we’ll show you five of our favorite Hobie kayaks. Check them out and see for yourself what a difference this brand really makes in the world of kayaking.
Option #1. Hobie Mirage Passport Pedal Fishing Kayak
As one of the most popular Hobie products, the Hobie Mirage Passport Pedal Fishing Kayak is available in either soft blue or bright yellow. This kayak includes a Mirage pedal drive and comes with an aluminum paddle so you can steer and pedal securely right away.
- The kayak has rod holders as well as accessory mounts.
- The included mesh seat is supportive and comfortable.
- This kayak has the lowest weight limit of these offers on our list, coming in at 325 pounds.
- The kayak doesn’t include as much storage as some others from Hobie.
Option #2. Hobie Quest 13 Deluxe Kayak
Bring home the No products found. when you’re looking for a great multi-purpose watercraft with a lot of speed behind it. This kayak is great for exploring but can also be used for fishing, and it moves faster than most of the others from the Hobie line.
- There is plenty of below-deck storage on this kayak as well as some on-deck bungee storage too.
- The included seat is adjustable and ergonomically designed.
- The kayak only supports up to 350 pounds, which is lighter than the capacities of most others from Hobie.
- This kayak doesn’t have a lot of extra features.
Option #3. Hobie Mirage Compass Pedal Kayak
Go with the Hobie Mirage Compass Pedal Kayak when you want to enjoy touring and exploring with the assistance of fins and pedals. This kayak is fitted with a Mirage drive and has rudders that can be retracted or expanded depending on how you need to use it.
- There is ample bungee storage on this kayak.
- The sit-on-top design is easy to mount and dismount.
- The included fins may not be as durable as the rest of the kayak.
- Although this kayak comes in several colors, it may be difficult to find some of them in stock.
Option #4. Hobie 2019 Mirage Outback
The Hobie 2019 Mirage Outback is one of the more popular products from the Hobie line. This fishing kayak is designed to keep you on the water comfortably for longer stretches of time, and it features a built-in Mirage 180 pedal drive for plenty of convenient use on the go.
- This kayak includes bungee and hatch style storage as well as a mount area for a transducer if you choose to add one.
- This kayak is available in six stylish and unique colors.
- This kayak doesn’t offer as much storage space as some others from the line.
- The kayak has a part that has been updated under a product recall, so customers should reach out to the company before using this kayak.
Option #5. Hobie 2020 Mirage Pro Angler 12
Available in both off-white and bright orange, the Hobie 2020 Mirage Pro Angler 12 is one of the highest-end kayaks from this company. This option comes with the Hobie Mirage Drive pedal drive and fin attachments as well as six rod holders and an appropriate paddle. Best of all, this kayak is fitted with plenty of storage space to keep you out on the water all day long, if you choose. With a capacity of up to 500 pounds, you can bring along all your gear.
- This kayak includes a transducer mount so you can attach a fishfinder (sold separately) in no time.
- The included seat can be adjusted and features ergonomic lumbar support to keep you comfortable no matter how much time you want to spend fishing.
- This kayak weighs about sixty pounds with everything installed and may be difficult to transport and haul without help.
- The kayak is very expensive, and it’s well above the budget of many customers who are looking to get into kayak-based fishing.
So what do you think? Is Hobie right for you? The Hobie company is a strongly recommended option for anyone looking to delve deeper into the world of kayaking. Of course, these kayaks aren’t for everyone, so it’s important to determine whether or not they can really work for your needs. Here are a few factors to keep in mind:
- If you have the funds to spend on a high-end kayak, Hobie may be the best brand to pick.
- If you’re an intermediate paddler looking to move up to advanced status, Hobie can help make that possible.
- If you are already an advanced paddler and want to treat yourself to a top-of-the-line boat, Hobie is a good option.
- And finally, if you are a competitive kayaker or an athlete, you may want to check out Hobie and see why so many others in the sporting world endorse this brand above all else.
Many customers across all different skill levels and walks of life strongly recommend Hobie. These kayaks may not be best for beginners or for anyone who’s trying to determine whether or not they want to stick with kayaking. However, if you’re a long-term kayaker and you’ve already had a chance to learn the basics, Hobie is the way to go.
But where should you start? Which of their products is the best choice? Remember that each of the kayak models and product lines available from Hobie have their own strengths and weaknesses, and each one is designed for a different type of kayaking experience.
With that said, the most popular of their products is the Mirage Passport kayak. This kayak is more affordable than many others from this company, compact enough to store and transport securely, and easy to learn how to steer. It’s also a pedal kayak, which is one of the most sought-after styles from the Hobie line.
Of course, any of these choices is sure to be a great choice for your kayaking needs. Pick from the Hobie lineup and get ready to see the difference!
5 Essential Tips for Kayak From Hobieing
- Always wear a life jacket when kayaking, even if you are an experienced paddler.
- Check the weather forecast before heading out on the water. Be aware of any potential storms or high winds that could make your trip dangerous.
- Be sure to bring plenty of water and snacks with you on your kayak trip. This will help keep you hydrated and energized throughout the day.
- Make sure to check your equipment before heading out. Make sure all straps and buckles are secure, and that your paddle is in good condition.
- Be aware of other boats in the area. Always give them plenty of space and be courteous when passing by.
ALSO: Consider taking a kayaking course to learn more about safety, navigation, and proper technique!
More Beneficial Info For Readers
They are a great way to get some exercise and see more of the outdoors. They have a unique mix of stability, speed, and maneuverability that makes them perfect for both beginners and experienced paddlers. Because they are made of light materials, they are easy to move from one place to another. This makes them perfect for day trips or longer trips. Because there are so many different models, there is something for everyone, from easy-to-use sit-on-top kayaks for beginners to more advanced touring kayaks with rudder systems and sail rigs. Plus, you can easily pedal through the water with Hobie's innovative MirageDrive system. Whether you want an easy way to get out on the water or you want to improve your paddling skills, these products will make your time on the water fun and keep you coming back for more.
Ideas for Effective Use: What Can They Be Used For?
There are three primary ways to use these kayaking items. First of all, they are great for fun. These boats are made to be light and easy to move around, which makes them great for paddling trips on calm water. Second, you can also fish with them. Many models have built-in rod holders and other features that make it easier to cast your line and reel in a catch. The last thing you can do with these kayaks is race them. Their sleek shape and efficient hull shape make them great for races or time trials with other paddlers. Because of how versatile they are and how well they work, these kayaking products are a good choice for any kind of water activity you might want to do.
The Cons: What To Know
Despite the many advantages of owning a Hobie kayak, there are a few downsides to be aware of. They might be rather costly, to start. Your kayak may cost you thousands of dollars, depending on the type and features you select. Due to their intricate construction and componentry, they also require more maintenance than other kayak varieties. This implies that if something goes wrong with your kayak, it can be more difficult and expensive to fix than it would be with a simpler model. Thankfully, there are techniques to lessen these drawbacks. For instance, to save money while still receiving high-quality craftsmanship, seek for used versions of Hobie kayaks or ones that come with warranties. Additionally, be sure to read up on the best ways to take care of your Hobie kayak so that you can keep it in good shape for years to come. Finally, look into nearby repair facilities in case your boat needs maintenance and you need help.
What Guidelines Should Be Used To Evaluate Them?
The most important quantitative metrics for considering these paddle products are speed, stability, weight capacity, storage capacity, and maneuverability. A kayak's speed is determined by how quickly it can move through the water; its stability by how well it stays upright in rough conditions; its weight capacity by how much weight it can safely carry; its storage capacity by how much gear it can hold; and its maneuverability by how quickly and easily it can turn. When deciding which Hobie kayak is appropriate for a certain circumstance, all of these considerations are significant.
First-hand Usage Experience: What To Expect
These kayaks are a great way to get some exercise and see more of the outdoors. They offer a unique experience that combines the excitement of paddling with the comfort of sitting in a stable, comfortable seat. The hulls are made to be stable and easy to move, so they are great for both new and experienced kayakers. Because they are made of light materials, they are easy to move from one place to another. There are different sizes and styles of these kayaks, so you can find one that is just right for you. There's sure to be a boat that fits your needs, whether you want a general-purpose boat or something more specific like a fishing boat or a touring boat. When it comes to how well they work, these kayaks have great tracking and speed, and they are also easy to control in rough water. They are made to last, so you can use them for years without sacrificing comfort or safety.
In general, the following are the steps for utilizing various types of kayaks: To begin, make sure you have all of the appropriate safety equipment, such as a life jacket and whistle. Next, ensure that your kayak is correctly inflated and that all straps and buckles are securely fastened. Third, adjust the foot pedals to match your body size and position them so that paddling is comfortable. Fourth, before going out on the water, practice getting in and out of the kayak. Fifth, retain your equilibrium in the kayak by using a paddle to move yourself ahead. Finally, have fun discovering new areas with your Hobie kayak! With these basic instructions in mind, you may confidently utilize this sort of kayak to explore new seas.
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 21:04 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
We routinely do our best to abide by our editorial practices and guidelines all throughout our website. This includes investigating each of our articles exhaustively and constantly doing our best to offer the most correct info possible for our readers. Kindly head over to our About Us Page for more info.