Our Featured Product
- Comfortable for anyone: Kayak includes an adjustable inflatable seat with backrest; Cockpit designed for comfort...
- Dimensions: Inflated size 10 feet 3 x 3 feet x 1 feet 8 inch; Maximum weight capacity: 400 pounds
- Directional stability: Removable SKEG for directional stability
Have you ever heard of Intex kayaks?
Or did you think Intex only made other types of products?
Why is this company a reasonable choice when picking a kayak?
Intex is a brand name you’ve probably seen, especially if you’ve ever purchased an inflatable product from a department store chain. Intex is known for making inflatable pools and air mattresses, although these aren’t the only products this company makes.
***LIFETIME TAMARACK ANGLER KAYAKS & MORE: See the Lifetime Tamarack Angler for fishing and more in our review collection. Lifetime Kayak.
When buying from Intex, you can also find inflatable spas, pool floats and toys, floating lounges and recliners, and yes—even kayaks!
Although it might not be the first brand name you think of when you think about kayak companies, Intex does offer a few kayak solutions that may work for you, depending on what you’re looking for. And if you choose to go with a larger raft-style paddling option instead, you can find a few boats like this from the Intex catalog as well.
***TRY HOBIE MIRAGE KAYAKS TODAY: Enjoy Mirage fishing kayaks with pedal drive in our Hobie list review selection. Hobie Kayak.
When you shop with Inetx, you can also easily find kayak accessories you might need in order to put together a whole paddling ensemble. These accessories include paddles, floating storage, and more, so be sure to check out what the brand has to offer if you do plan to purchase one of their kayaks.
In this article, we’ll show you a detailed review of the Explorer K2 series kayak from the Intex company. Take your time and look through this information to help you determine whether or not this easy-to-use, inflatable kayak is a good choice for you and your needs.
***FISHING AND RECREATIONAL KAYAKS FROM VIBE: Find your Vibe Kayak for fishing in our Vibe fishing and recreational kayaks collection. Vibe Kayak.
Read on to check out more information about the Explorer K2 Kayak from Intex.
Intex Explorer K2 Kayak
The Intex Explorer K2 Kayak is a fun and functional inflatable kayak just waiting for you to discover it! This kayak is easy to use and features a quick inflation design that means it won’t take all day just to fill the boat with air. This option comes in at 10 feet in length and weighs just over thirty pounds, so it’s easy to maneuver whether you’re an experienced paddler or completely new at kayaking. With its bright yellow hull color and dark gray accents, this kayak is easy to spot and even easier to enjoy paddling through calm waters.
- This kayak is designed for use specifically on lakes and rivers, although it can handle some mild rougher waters.
- This is a stable kayak that’s easy to get in and out of, even for beginners.
- The kayak can support up to 400 pounds between both passengers and any gear you might bring along on your voyage.
- The kayak comes with two inflatable seats and seatbacks so both passengers can be comfortably seated at all times.
- The inflatable seats are adjustable so everyone on board can find their own comfort level and the right location for their best paddling.
What We Liked
- One of the best qualities of this kayak is how well it moves in the water. Since it’s a lightweight boat, it’s easy to paddle, push forward, and maneuver in all directions. Even paddlers who aren’t experienced at all and who are just learning how to kayak are sure to have a great time with this choice. Since it moves so easily, it’s also a fairly fast product when both paddlers are working at the same speed. This is a very user-friendly kayak from start to finish; it can be inflated or deflated easily, it’s simple to paddle, and it’s easy to store, too.
What Could Be Improved
- The overall durability of this option is its weakest point and should be improved as much as possible. This is an inflatable kayak, meaning it’s not designed to last as long as some other more solid kayaks. However, that doesn’t mean it should fall apart after just one season of use. Unfortunately, this seems to be a common issue with customers who use their Intex kayak frequently. For this reason, we feel that this offer would be significantly improved if all of the materials were upgraded a little bit, and if the seams were welded more thoroughly throughout the kayak. More durability would mean happier customers!
- The kayak includes a quick-use air pump to make it easier to air it up on the go.
- The kayak is perfect for shorter trips of about two or three hours, making it ideal for beginners and anyone who just wants to paddle around casually.
- The kayak includes its own carrying bag, making it even more convenient to travel with this lightweight and compact product.
- When using the pump to inflate this kayak, the valves seal after the pump is removed. This means no air will escape between the time when you remove the pump and the time when you close the valves manually.
- This kayak does tend to drift a little bit when no paddling is taking place, so it may get off-course when both paddlers have stopped for a longer stretch of time.
- Some customers have had issues with the seams splitting on the plastic of this product, although this isn’t a very common issue.
- Since the kayak is inflatable, it is more easily damaged when the bottom scrapes rocks or other rough objects beneath the water’s surface.
- Some of the plugs are prone to developing leaks over time, especially with frequent use.
There’s a lot to keep in mind when trying to decide whether or not to go with the Intex Explorer kayak. This inflatable kayak has many strengths, but it also has a few weaknesses that may make or break it for some customers. When you’re trying to decide whether or not to go with any inflatable kayak, it’s crucial to take some time and consider the way in which you’ll be using your kayak in order to figure out whether or not it will work for you. Inflatable kayaks aren’t as durable or long-lasting as other styles, so keep this in mind when you’re making your decisions.
***GET A SUN DOLPHIN BOAT FOR FISHING: Pick up Sun Dolphin fishing kayaks in our kayaking boat selection. Sun Dolphin Kayak.
But, overall, is this a recommended kayak? Is it a good idea to go with this choice if you are planning to get an inflatable kayak? The short answer is yes, this kayak is highly recommended among the world of inflatable watercraft. However, keep in mind that it isn’t intended for all situations or circumstances, and that if you’re looking for something more rugged, you might need to look elsewhere.
If you want an inflatable kayak to take along on camping trips or to use every now and then with a friend or family member, this option may work for you. And if you’re the type of person who prefers to explore leisurely on calm waters from the comfort of your kayak, then you can consider this Intex product as well. Finally, if you are looking for a kayak that won’t take up much storage space and doesn’t require a vehicle roof rack for transportation, the Intex inflatable kayak might be your best bet.
This kayak is a highly recommended solution for many people. Customers are often pleased with this offer and happy to use it time and time again. If you choose to go with this kayak, you’re sure to enjoy the results!
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 11:45 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.