What is the Kauai Kayak company like?
What sort of services and products does this company offer?
Where are Kauai Kayak tours located?
Kauai Kayak is a well-known kayak touring company located in Kapa’a, Hawaii. This company offers tours of the beautiful Hawaiian scenery to tourists and locals alike, and it can help anyone get out and enjoy some nature while learning about the flora and fauna at the same time.
The company offers kayaking tours as well as gear and vacation rentals. It’s a great choice for anyone who has never been to Hawaii before and needs a little extra help planning, but it’s also a good idea for a quick getaway or staycation for anyone who lives in the area.
Read on to learn about how to kayak Kauai with the help of a popular tour company.
All About Kayak Kauai Kayaking Tours
CHECK THEM HERE: https://kayakkauai.com/
Land Transportation and Transfers
- There are shuttles available for all tours, including the kayaking tours as well as the hiking, snorkeling, and combination tours. These shuttles pick up from designated points where parking is available and drop off at the same location when the tour has been completed.
- There is no shuttle service from any area hotels or campgrounds to the pick-up or put-in points. You will need to drive yourself or schedule an Uber or other similar pickup for this purpose.
- There is no land transportation available for those who want to bring their own watercraft.
Experienced Kayaking Tour Guides
- The guides available from Kayak Kauai are all experienced and well-versed in sea kayaking around the area. They are also educated and informed on safety as well as local knowledge.
- All of the short tours include a tour guide at no additional cost. The longer tours, which last more than one day, have the option to add a guide at an additional cost. This way, those who are experienced enough to paddle on their own don’t have to worry about paying extra for a service they don’t really need, while those who need the help can have it.
Gear and Equipment Rental
- When renting from Kayak Kauai, it is possible to choose a single kayak, a double kayak, car roof transportation for watercraft, a stand-up paddleboard, and most camping gear required for overnight trips. Camping gear rentals include fuel and a stove, tents, sleeping pads, sleeping bags, backpacks, maps, walking sticks, shuttles, and luggage storage.
- Rentals are available for the day or for overnight camping and kayaking trips. It’s important to speak to the company ahead of time to plan rentals, as some trips may require special permission or additional fees in order to book through this company.
Self-Guided Kayak Adventure River Tours
- Since it is possible to rent watercraft and camping gear from Kayak Kauai, it is also possible to take self-guided tours and spend time on the water on your own.
- With this in mind, always follow safety guidelines set out by the company and by any local organizations, too.
- Always take your trash with you when you leave. Whether you’ve been camping, kayaking, or both, don’t leave trash behind. It’s very important not to pollute the natural surroundings.
- Don’t come into contact with wild birds. Don’t get close to them in your kayak, and don’t purposefully follow or bother them.
- The packages are not very customizable from this touring company, but there are many combination packages to choose from.
- For example, you can choose a whale watching, sea kayaking and snorkeling combination that includes tons of opportunities to enjoy yourself out in nature.
- There are also camping and hiking combinations, hiking and kayaking combinations, and more available at the company’s web site.
- For all packages, be sure to check the fees and recommended gear, and understand that you will need to supply some items yourself or pay to rent them at an additional cost from the touring company.
- It is also possible to add a vacation rental to your trip. These will cost extra, too, and may not always be available for booking at certain times of the year. Be sure to check well in advance if you want to book a vacation rental at either Wailua bay or Hanalei Bay.
Kayak Kauai Group Rates
- There may be group rates available. However, this is not always guaranteed. Be sure to contact Kayak Kauai ahead of time to inquire about any group rates that might be an option during your travel time.
- Understand that there are busy seasons when group rates probably aren’t going to be available from this company. Weekends may also be very busy and may not allow for group rate options, either.
- For the most part, it’s a good idea to expect to pay full price, but remember there’s no harm in asking about discounts for larger groups as well.
- There is always a two-person minimum on tours.
Add-Ons and Meals
- Aside from gear and equipment rentals, there are no other add-ons available from this company.
- Although not an add-on, it is possible to buy a gift certificate from this company and treat a friend or family member to a tour from Kayak Kauai.
- Customers are often extremely satisfied with the assistance, knowledge, and commitment to safety that the guides provide at Kayak Kauai.
- The local scenery changes regularly with the weather, so no two tours are ever going to be exactly the same—and that makes this company more exciting for locals and repeat tourists alike.
- The tours are challenging but doable as long as customers pay attention to the fitness and safety ratings before booking each one.
- There are plenty of tours and options to pick from, so it’s very easy to find just what you’re looking for when booking with Kayak Kauai.
- Many of the hiking tours with this company involve a lot of walking through significant levels of mud, and although the web site warns customers of this, many customers do not expect as much mud as they find on their trips.
- Although most customers seem satisfied with customer service, some online customer service experiences are uncomfortable and accusatory from the company’s representatives, which can be off-putting to potential customers.
- The company does not allow unaccompanied children under 16 years of age on its tours and does not allow children under 5 years of age at all.
- These tours are not intended for beginners who have never used a kayak before.
Experience Wailua River Kayaking on Kauai Today
As you can see, there’s a good reason why Kayak Kauai is so highly recommended! This company offers high-quality tours with the chance to see tons of beautiful scenery and natural locations, and it’s committed to safety and security for everyone involved, too.
Tourists to the area are sure to enjoy the tours offered by this company. They can provide a comfortable and efficient way to explore Hawaii while still enjoying the assistance of a guide. Of course, anyone who likes being active while on vacation will have a good time, and the company is often visited by locals, as well. There are many great ways to enjoy a tour from Kayak Kauai, so book one today and see for yourself!
5 Essential Tips for Kayaking Kauai
- Bring plenty of sunscreen and water to stay hydrated and protected from the sun.
- Wear a life jacket at all times while kayaking, even if you are an experienced swimmer.
- Be aware of the ocean conditions before heading out. Check the weather forecast and be mindful of any potential hazards.
- Pack a first aid kit in case of any minor injuries or accidents.
- Bring along a waterproof camera to capture your adventure!
ALSO: Consider taking a guided tour with an experienced guide to get the most out of your kayak experience!
We routinely do our best to abide by our editorial practices and guidelines all throughout our website. This includes investigating each of our articles exhaustively and constantly doing our best to offer the most correct info possible for our readers. Kindly head over to our About Us Page for more info.