Our Choice Recommendation
- Designed for kayak and SUP anglers needing an easy way to install transducers for Transport as well as other Scotty...
- Includes the 438 gear-head track Adapter which works in conjunction with our Scotty slide track and enables...
- Ability to instantly drop and lock a Fishfinder Mount or any other Scotty post-mount accessory on top of the 141
What is a transducer for a kayak?
How is it used?
Does it have to be mounted?
A transducer is an important part of any fishing kayak setup. These devices send out electrical waves which are then bounced back off of surfaces in the water and interpreted as objects—or fish—below the surface.
By using a transducer, you can effectively tell where fish are most abundant while you’re out fishing. Transducers are often used on fishing pontoons, but they can also be added to kayaks, canoes, rafts, and any other boat used for fishing.
***GET BEST KAYAK TRAILER PACKAGE TODAY: See the best packages for kayak trailers in our list collection. Kayak Trailer.
Transducers come in many varieties. Each variety will need to be mounted, but they all mount differently. For example, a transom mounted transducer is designed to mount to the transom on your boat.
On the other hand, a thru-hull transducer has to be mounted by cutting a hole in the boat, while an in-hull transducer attaches to the hull without requiring a hole. The type of transducer you choose will depend on how you want to use it as well as the type of boat you’re working with.
In this article, we’ll show you a handful of options to help you find the best mount for your transducer. Some of these mounts work with certain varieties of transducer, while others work with different options. Take your time, look through these choices listed below, and find the mount that works best for you.
Check out some products that can help you with kayak transducer mounting below.
***FIND KAYAK PADDLES & OARS HERE: See oars for kayaks in our paddle accessories collection list. Kayak Paddle.
Option #1. Scotty #141 Kayak/SUP Transducer Mounting Arm
The Scotty #141 Kayak/SUP Transducer Mounting Arm is designed specifically to work with Scotty brand transducers, although it may be able to work with others that are the same size and shape. This offer comes with an adapter to make it function with various models from the Scotty line, and it’s capable of swiveling up to 360 degrees for maximum efficiency.
- This choice is a telescoping mount that can be easily adjusted as needed while you’re on the move.
- The mount can be attached easily to the side of your kayak or stand-up paddleboard.
- The way this transducer mount sits in the water may cause a lot of drag while paddling.
- Some customers may need to buy an additional Scotty mount track to make this offer work.
Option #2. Humminbird MHX XMK Kayak Transducer Mounting Kit
The Humminbird MHX XMK Kayak Transducer Mounting Kit makes it easy to install your through-hull transducer. This kit includes everything except the transducer itself, so you can quickly attach the mount to the side of your kayak and affix your transducer afterward.
- This kit will work with most transducers that are the same shape as the Humminbird product.
- The kit includes primer and grease to make installation even simpler.
- This option is a messy installation process that may not hold up well over the years.
- Some customers have trouble getting this mount to stick during installation.
Option #3. Lowrance 000-10606-001 Kayak Scupper Mount
The Lowrance 000-10606-001 Kayak Scupper Mount makes it easy to install your transducer on the side of your kayak. This offer comes with all the parts you need to set up your transducer and get started using it right away, without having to worry about complicated installation processes or messy adhesives.
- This mount fits a wide variety of kayaks and transducers both.
- This choice doesn’t increase drag noticeably on kayaks.
- The parts are mostly plastic, which may not hold up as long as aluminum ones.
- Rarely, some products may arrive with some damage or missing parts.
Option #4. RAM Transducer Arm Mount
The RAM Transducer Arm Mount is built to be as universal as possible for both kayaks and transducers. This option is flexible enough to be used with many different boat sizes and shapes, and since it installs on the outside of the hull, you don’t have to worry about cutting into your kayak to make it work.
- It isn’t difficult to bend this mount and get it into the right position for your kayak.
- This offer holds up well to use over time.
- The included directions are confusing and weak, and they may be difficult for beginners to understand.
- This choice may arrive missing pieces in rare instances.
Option #5. Brocraft Transducer Mounting Arm
The Brocraft Transducer Mounting Arm is an affordable and easy-to-use mount that attaches to the side of your kayak and can also be used with powerboats and canoes. This is a lightweight aluminum mount that can be shortened or extended, depending on how you need to use it.
- This mount comes with plenty of plastic reinforcements to help it withstand exposure to the elements.
- The mount can swivel up to 360 degrees so you can easily get a clear view of the water surrounding you.
- This mount may not work well with all models of transducer, although it’s designed to work with the majority of them.
- The mount doesn’t bend down toward the water as easily as some of the others on the market.
Get the Best Kayak/SUP Transducer Mounting Arm Today
Did you find a transducer mount that will work for you? We’ve only just scratched the surface of what’s available on the market today, but these options represent some of the best quality options out there, too. If you’re looking for a mount that will help you get your transducer up and running on your kayak in just a short amount of time, you can’t go wrong choosing one of these offers above.
But how do you know whether or not the mount you’re looking at will work with your transducer? After all, not all transducers work with every mount on the market, and some are designed with more specifics than others. Here are a few tips to help you figure this out before you buy:
- First, look up information about the transducer you have. If you don’t still have the packaging, try looking up the make and model online to determine which variety it is. You should find out whether or not it’s transom-mounted, in-hull, or through-hull.
- From there, you can look at the mounts and see which ones attach to your boat the correct way. For example, if you have a transom-mounted transducer, you don’t have to buy a mount that requires you to cut a hole in your boat. Instead, buy one that attaches to the transom.
- Finally, make sure the mount is designed to work universally or with the brand of transducer you have. Some are only designed for one or two brands or models at a time, so this is important to keep in mind.
- Additionally, you may want to check the measurements of the mount if they’re offered by the company. Some mounts may not fit on your boat due to the size of the gunwales, the transom, or other parts of your kayak or canoe.
Now that you know a little bit more about how to shop for the right mount, it’s time to pick your favorite from the list above and bring it home today. With a good-quality product like those listed here, you’ll be ready to get out on the water and fish the day away in no time!
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 12:14 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.