Our Choice Recommendation
- [Universal kayak Carts] Xproutdoor also Wistar carrier is a universal trolley for kayaks, canoe, paddleboard, float...
- [Quick & Easy Loading] Part of the support stand features a 7-1/2"H spring-loaded stand which keeps the dolly cart...
- [Durable Heavy Duty Material] 220LB large Capacity. Made in Aluminum pipe (20 x2mm) anodized Stainless steel,...
What is a kayak cart?
How do you use a product like this?
Why would you need a kayak dolly, anyway?
A kayak cart is a product that is meant to be operated by hand, and is used for moving your kayak from your vehicle to the water and then back to the vehicle once again.
These options are very useful for anyone who has trouble hauling their kayak without assistance. You can unload the kayak from your vehicle, place it on the cart, and wheel it to the water without having to over-exert yourself carrying the kayak.
A kayak dolly can also be useful for situations where your vehicle must be parked far from the water’s edge.
***GET BEST KAYAK TRAILER PACKAGE TODAY: See the best packages for kayak trailers in our list collection. Kayak Trailer.
If you’re looking for some high-quality kayak wheels to help get you moving, we’ve got you covered with our list of product recommendations below. Take a look at the kayak carts on our list to help you get started!
Option #1. Wistar Kayak Canoe Carrier
Check out the Wistar Kayak Canoe Carrier when you need a lightweight and durable cart for your kayak. This solid metal cart comes with airless tires and foam bumper pads, so you get everything you need and more in terms of features. This offer is available in two options: one-legged or two-legged. Pick the one that works best for the way you intend to carry and use your kayak.
- The cart rolls well on most terrains, including sand.
- The kickstand legs are spring-loaded for extra support and ease of use.
- Some customers find that they need to use an additional strap to secure their kayaks on this cart.
- This choice is flimsier than many of the others on the list.
Option #2. Bonnlo Kayak Cart
Consider this Bonnlo Kayak Cart when you’re looking for an affordable but good quality product with airless tires. This cart is simple but very effective and includes all the features you need to haul your kayak to and from your vehicle. Best of all, it also includes a built-in kickstand for easy and safe use.
- This option can be put together and taken down without the use of tools.
- The cart can support up to 165 pounds of weight.
- Some customers have trouble getting this offer to roll on certain types of terrain.
- Heavier kayaks may cause this choice to buckle and fold in on itself.
Option #3. ABN Universal Kayak Carrier
When you purchase the ABN Universal Kayak Carrier , you’ll be able to enjoy the convenience of carrying your kayak to and from the water’s edge with little assembly to worry about. This offer weighs only 8 pounds and is made of durable steel that holds up well to exposure to the elements over time.
- This choice includes foam padding to protect your kayak.
- You can fold this option down easily and quickly when you’re on the go.
- The included tires are filled with air and may puncture easily on certain terrains.
- It’s difficult to get a kayak to stay on the cart, even when using the tie-downs included.
Option #4. TMS Cart Canoe/Kayak
This TMS Cart Canoe/Kayak is a durable metal cart with oversized airless wheels to keep your kayak on the move. This cart includes foam padding to protect the surface of your boat as well as tie-downs to hold it in place, and it can be broken down easily for storage and transportation purposes.
***GET THE BEST KAYAK TROLLING MOTOR TODAY: Pick up the best kayak motor in our electric trolling selection. Kayak Motors.
- The cart is easy to prop up thanks to its spring-loaded design.
- The tires can be used on almost every type of terrain.
- The cart may buckle and fold down under the weight of some kayaks.
- Some customers find this cart smells bad out of the box and needs to be aired out for a while.
Option #5. Malone Xpress Scupper-Style Kayak Cart
Try the Malone Xpress Scupper-Style Kayak Cart when you have a kayak with built-in scupper holes. This cart attaches directly to the scupper holes on your kayak, making it even easier to transport from place to place. Once attached, it locks in place and is easy to wheel without falling off of the cart.
- The frame is designed to resist rusting and to hold up with exposure to salt or fresh water.
- This option can support a weight capacity of up to 200 pounds.
- This offer will not work on kayaks with small scupper holes.
- Rarely, this offer may arrive missing some hardware.
Option #6. Suspenz Smart Airless DLX Cart
With the Suspenz Smart Airless DLX Cart , you can easily haul a kayak of up to 125 pounds from place to place. This bright yellow cart features plenty of rubber grips to protect the surface of your watercraft while securing it more firmly in place at the same time.
- This choice is made of powder-coated stainless steel and features extra tie-downs to keep your kayak secure.
- The cart includes hard, airless tires that you don’t have to worry about deflating.
- The straps may not be long enough for all kayaks and may need to be replaced sooner rather than later.
- The cart doesn’t usually work with kayaks that have pontoon attachments.
Option #7. Railblaza Ctug Kayak or Canoe Trolley Cart
Bring home the Railblaza Ctug Kayak or Canoe Trolley Cart when you’re looking for a heavy-duty trolley to get you on the water fast. This option features hard wheels that aren’t air-filled, so there’s no risk of them deflating or being punctured. This offer includes a built-in kickstand for safety and is easy to use on almost all types of terrain.
- This choice can be set up and taken down in just a few short minutes.
- This option can hold up to 300 pounds of weight, so it’s good for most kayaks.
- The wheels may pop off of the trolley now and then, even with regular use.
- Some customers have trouble moving this cart on sand.
With a little planning and consideration, you should be able to bring home the perfect kayak cart for all your transportation and hauling needs. However, it can sometimes be tricky to pick the cart that’s best for you, your kayak, and your lifestyle, so be sure to think before you buy.
Here are a few tips to make sure you choose the right kayak cart the first time:
- Choose a cart that can support the weight of your kayak.
- Bring home a cart that is wide and long enough for your kayak, and make sure to measure your kayak beforehand to double-check this.
- Pick a cart with the right type of wheels for the kind of terrain where you usually travel with your kayak.
- There are several styles of kayak cart out there, so pick the one that makes it easiest for you to load and unload your boat while you’re using it.
- Finally, choose a cart that won’t put you too far over your kayak spending budget.
When you keep these suggestions in mind, your shopping experience is sure to be even easier than ever before. And when you choose from our list of top product picks above, you’ll be even more likely to purchase a kayak cart that will keep you moving for a long time to come!
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 11:45 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.