Our Choice Recommendation
- ★THICKENED AND HIGHLY FADE-RESISTANT MATERIAL -- The UPGRADED kayak cover adopts 300D Thicken and Durable oxford...
- ★ADD THE DESIGN OF BANDAGE -- An adjustable reinforcement bandage is added on a previous basis of elastic...
- ★SPECIALLY SUPPLIED DRAWSTRING BAGS -- Drawstring bag is specifically designed to contribute significantly to...
Do you enjoy going out for kayaking?
Are you looking for a boat cover for the first time, or want to buy a new one?
Do you want to check out some good paddlecraft covers before you choose which one to buy?
If you’re thinking of getting a watercraft cover, this article has all the information you need. See why a boat cover is important, especially if you’ve never used it yet. Read tips to choose the best cover for your paddlecraft.
As you read through, you can also check the detailed reviews we have shared in this article of the best watercraft covers you can easily buy online. Take a look at their respective features, price range as well as the pros and cons of each, so that you can make a more informed buying choice.
Why do you need a boat cover?
A paddlecraft cover can help to protect your watercraft in many different ways:
- Guards against sun damage: If you regularly store your boat outdoors, using a paddlecraft cover can protect it against sun damage, especially as regular exposure to sunlight can gradually damage the material of the hull.
- Protect against rust and environmental damage: Keeping your watercraft covered will keep it away from direct sunlight, dust and rain. This can help to prevent it from damage from rain such as rusting.
- Prevent insects or critters forming breeding grounds inside the boat.
7 best paddlecraft covers that you can buy on Amazon
MAYMII 2.6m-6m/7.8-18ft Durable Watercraft Cover
This is a perfect cover against sun and rain damage , built-up dirt as well as damage on the beach or in storage. This choice is made of sun reflecting waterproof polyester with 210D Durable oxford taffeta material. This option comes with an elastic drawstring that makes it easy to put on and off, as well as keeps it in place. This cover is good for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Keeps out dirt
- Nice fit
- Easy to install
- Product size does not match
- Not the best sun protection
GYMTOP 7.8-18ft Waterproof Boat Canoe Cover
This cover is made with sun reflecting waterproof polyester . This offer is anti-dust, lightweight and durable. This choice has an annular elastic that will make it more convenient to use without any other tools. The roll and clip closure can be adjusted for watercrafts that are between 7.8 ft to 18 ft in length. The draw string makes it easy to put on and off and also lets it stay snug in place. You can use it as an off-season cover or a regular cover.
- Fits tight and stays in place
- Easy to install
- Flimsy material
Mexidi 8.5-19.7ft Professional Waterproof Camouflage Paddlecraft Storage Cover
This watercraft cover uses sun reflecting polyester material and is waterproof . This option is also UV resistant and protects your boat against dust. The cover has annular elastic which will make it easier to paraphrase and operate without needing any other tools. This offer has a roll and clip closure that can fit boats between the lengths of 7.8 ft and 18 ft. You can use this both indoors and outdoors, as an off-season cover or for regular use.
- Fits different sizes
- Perfect fit
- Easy to use
- Completely water and bug proof
- Not the most durable
iiSPORT Paddlecraft Cover Waterproof Canoe Storage Cover
This cover will be perfect to keep the sun, dirt, bugs and rain out of your watercraft as it is made out of sun reflecting waterproof polyester. This lightweight cover has drawstrings that will make it easy to put on and off the boat , without needing any other tools. You can use it indoors or outdoors, as an off-season cover or even on a regular everyday basis.
- Good quality
- Easy to use
- Too tight
Richermall 2.6m-6m Paddlecraft Canoe Storage Dust Cover
Made with waterproof and sun reflecting polyester, this cover will keep sun, dirt, rain and bugs away. The elastic drawstring gives a snug fit and lets you put it on or off easily . It is good for both indoor and outdoor storage, for off-season as well as daily use.
- Fits great
- Easy to use
- Not long-lasting
iCOVER Watercraft Cover for Outdoor Storage and Travel
This tear/UV-resistant cover is made with 600/300 Denier PU-coated Marine Grade waterproof material . The full-cut will give you extra room. Reinforced stiches on seam make it extra durable. Strap handles at the end make it easy to carry, while the long zipper makes it convenient to put on and off.
- Easy to clean
- Snug fit
- Easy to use
- Protects in harsh winters
- Not entirely waterproof
Classic Accessories StormPro Heavy-Duty Boat/Canoe Outdoor Storage Cover
This is made with heavy-duty 600D polyester and is PVC-free . It will fit paddlecrafts up to 12-16’ long. The full-cut will give you extra room. The coating on the fabric will keep bugs, sun, rain and mildew at bay. Dual zipper opening and conveniently-placed handles makes it easier to use.
- Fits great
- Easy to move
- Double zipper
- Seam leaks
Things to consider when choosing a paddlecraft cover
The two main things you need to keep in mind when choosing the cover for your watercraft are the material and the size.
- Go for waterproof material if you want to use the cover while use on water or for outdoor storage.
- For indoor storage, you can skip the waterproof feature.
- Size and fit can vary based on brands.
- Measure your paddlecraft and compare with cover measurements to see if it will be a good fit.
What does an ideal fit look and feel like?
- If you want to fully cover the cockpit area, look for a cover that can tie down completely.
- Some watercraft covers will have more securing straps as compared to others.
- Some boat covers are more suited for when the paddlecraft is in use, as compared to those that are used only when you store the watercraft. Choose the fit accordingly.
What type of material makes the best boat cover?
- There are different types of materials that you can choose for your paddlecraft cover that will be durable and prevent damage.
- One such material that can prevent the most amount of damage is nylon.
- Go for the rip stop versions.
- Otherwise, you can also go for the ‘bag and flag nylon’ type, which apparently has better UV protection.
How do you know if a watercraft cover will fit your boat?
- Different brands and styles of paddlecraft covers mean that you may have a variety of fits and size to choose from.
- While there are some that are one-size-fits-all, others have size specifications.
- Before you make a purchase, make sure to check the length and width of your watercraft as well as that of the cover so that you know whether or not it will be a good match.
Now that you know about the different types of boat covers out there, make sure to take the measurements of your paddlecraft and understand the type and fit of cover that will work the best for your watercraft.
5 Essential Tips for Choosing the Right Boat Cover
- Choose a cover that is made of waterproof material, such as nylon or polyester.
- Make sure the cover fits your boat snugly and securely. It should not be too loose or too tight.
- Look for a cover with UV protection to protect your paddlecraft from sun damage.
- Consider purchasing a cover with straps or drawstrings to ensure it stays in place during windy conditions.
- Check the warranty on the cover before making your purchase to make sure you are covered in case of any defects.
ALSO: Consider buying a boat cover with reflective material so you can easily spot your watercraft at night!
More Info For Readers
These boating accessories are vital items of gear for each kayaker. They not only shield your watercraft from the weather, but they also keep it clean and clear of dirt and debris. These items are available in a range of sizes and materials, allowing you to pick one that meets your exact requirements. They are lightweight but sturdy, making them simple to travel and store when not in use. UV protection is also provided by these paddle items, which helps to avoid fading or discoloration over time. Furthermore, by creating a flat surface for the water to flow across, they can assist minimize drag when paddling. Investing in a high-quality boat cover is a great method to keep your paddlecraft safe and secure when storing or transporting it.
Ideas for Use: What Are They Effective for?
You can use these covers in three primary ways. First, they protect you from the sun, rain, and snow. This is especially important if you plan to leave your watercraft outside for a long time. Second, they keep your boat clean by keeping dirt and other things from building up on its surface. This is especially helpful if you are using it in places that are muddy or sandy. Lastly, these covers can also be used to make paddling easier by reducing drag. This is done by making the surface smooth, which reduces friction with the water and lets you move faster and better. When you add up all of these uses, it's easy to see why these paddlecraft products are an important part of any serious paddler's gear.
The Drawbacks: What To Know
There are a few downsides to think about despite the many benefits of these kayaking products. They might be challenging to install and uninstall, to start. The numerous straps and buckles that are frequently needed for these goods must be properly set in order for the cover to fit securely on the watercraft. If you're not sure how to fasten the cover correctly, this step may take some time and effort. Additionally, the price of various boating accessories might vary based on the size and material utilized. Fortunately, these drawbacks have some workable remedies. An adjustable bungee cord method, for instance, would make it simpler to swiftly install and remove your boat cover without the need to modify several straps or buckles each time. You may also consider buying a less expensive solution, such a tarp or canvas sheet made especially for securing watercrafts. These materials won't offer as much protection as a regular paddlecraft cover, but they will still aid in keeping your boat dry and protected from dirt and debris while kept outside.
What Factors Should Be Used To Evaluate Them?
Durability, waterproofing, breathability, and fit are the most crucial quantitative measurements when reviewing this kayaking equipment. How long the cover can endure deterioration from exposure to the weather is how long something is considered durable. How well something resists moisture and water is how waterproofing is judged. The amount of air that can move through a material while yet keeping water out is what's known as breathability. How tightly the cover fits on a watercraft of a particular size and form serves as a measure of fit. When deciding which boat cover is appropriate for your needs, all of these variables should be taken into consideration.
Firsthand Experience: What to Expect
These boating supplies are necessary items for any kayaker. They shield your paddlecraft from the elements, keeping it safe from the sun, rain, and snow. They also keep dirt and debris out of the cockpit, making cleanup easier after a day on the lake. These kayaking products are available in a variety of sizes and materials, allowing you to select one that meets your individual requirements. Consider how often you'll use it and the type of environment you'll be paddling in when selecting a cover. If you're going to be paddling in saltwater or other extreme circumstances, look for a cover made of tough materials like neoprene or polyester. Canvas or vinyl may be sufficient if you only need basic weather protection when keeping your watercraft indoors or outdoors. Furthermore, buy a cover that is the correct size for your boat; too little and it won't provide appropriate coverage, while too large will add additional weight and bulkiness when carrying your boat.
The basic guidelines for employing these covers are as follows: To begin with, confirm that the cover fits your paddlecraft properly in terms of size. After that, affix the cover to your watercraft with straps or bungee cords. Third, make the straps or cords snug by adjusting them. Fourth, make sure that all of the seams are adequately sealed to keep out water. Fifth, if necessary, add more layers of protection, such as tarps or blankets. Finally, when not in use, keep your boat in a cool, dry location. When not in use, these measures will assist you in keeping your paddlecraft secure and weather-protected.
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 21:04 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.