Do you like kayaking or want to give it a shot?
Are you looking for an activity that can help you burn calories even as you have fun?
Do you want to know if kayaking can actually also help you stay fit by burning calories?
Whether you have already done kayaking before, or want to try it out now, it is one of those activities that you may end up loving for the pure fun that it provides. But is it really something that you can also take up seriously as a fitness routine? That’s exactly what we are talking about in this article today.
Here, we share with you a little more information on kayaking as a sport, and not just a fun activity. We will take a look at whether or not it actually qualifies to be called a sport, how many calories it can help you burn, and also, how you can track the amount of calories you burn when you kayak. So, if fun and fitness is what’s on your mind, read through the end and decide for yourself!
Is kayaking actually considered a sport?
It is true that kayaking may not really be considered as your typical sport, and most of the time, it is actually considered as a recreational activity rather than a competitive one.
***LEARN HOW TO SEA KAYAK TODAY: Discovering the ocean's depths through ocean kayaking is a thrilling and gratifying pastime. However, there are a lo... Ocean Kayaking.
But did you know about this fun fact about kayaking as a sport?
- Since the 1936 Games as part of the Olympic Games that were held in Berlin, kayaking has been featured as a competition sport.
- In fact, even before making a debut at the Olympic Games, these were featured as demonstration sports at the 1924 Games that were held in Paris.
Can you log a significant amount of physical exercise wile kayaking?
Based on how long you kayak for, you can log a significant amount of physical exercise in each session.
Is it a fun way to burn calories?
Of course you see now how you can use kayaking as a good way to burn those calories.
***LEARN HOW TO WHITEWATER KAYAK HERE: Are you seeking for a fun way to challenge yourself while exploring the outdoors? Do you want to try something new b... White Water Kayaking.
But it’s also true that the reason why it is such a popular sport or activity is that it is also a lot of fun, and a fun way to burn those calories, especially when you are out on a trip or on vacation.
How may calories can an average person burn in an hour of kayaking?
There is no specific number of calories that you burn after your kayaking session. This is a very personal and user specific number that can vary from person to person and depends on a lot of factors.
Here are a few factors that can affect the outcome of the number of calories that you burn after kayaking:
- Your overall weight when you do the kayaking
- The state of your overall health and fitness levels
- The weather conditions, whether it is hot, humid or cold, as these can have a direct impact on how much you sweat and how much effort your body has to do to complete the exercise.
- The speed at which you are kayaking
- The amount of time for which you are kayaking
Is there a formula to find out how many calories you burnt while kayaking?
There is no definite formula to find out the exact number of calories you have burnt in your kayaking session, but you can definitely get a good estimate.
***HOW TO DRESS FOR KAYAKING: Kayaking is a fun and fulfilling outdoor activity, but it's crucial to know what to wear to keep secure and comforta... What To Wear Kayaking.
Try this formula to find out how many calories you can burn while kayaking:
- Fill in your weight and kayaking time as per hours/minutes.
- Find the MET score.
- Calculate calories burned per minute: MET X body weight X 3.5 / 200.
- Multiply calories burned per minute by number of activity minutes.
- The answer is the calories you have burned.
Online resources to compute calories burned while kayaking
If you want to find out how many calories you burnt after your kayaking session, here is an online calculator that you can try out:
My Fitness Pal
CHECK THEM HERE: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/exercise/calories-burned/kayaking-87
- Scroll down to reach the calculator area.
- Add your weight in the Your Weight box.
- Choose weighing measurements as per your convenience, from Pounds, Kilograms or Stone.
- Add the number of minutes you did the kayaking for, in the How Long box.
- You will get an answer about the number of calories you burnt for that particular session of kayaking.
CHECK THEM HERE: https://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp?exercise=31
- Add your weight in the Your Weight in Pounds box.
- Add the number of minutes you did the kayaking for, in the Minutes Spent Exercising box.
- Click on the Calculate button.
- You will get an answer about the number of calories you burnt for that particular session of kayaking in the Calories Burned section.
CHECK THEM HERE: https://www.fitday.com/webfit/burned/calories_burned_Kayaking.html
***LEARN HOW TO KAYAK FOR BEGINNERS HERE: Everyone of any age can enjoy kayaking because it is a fun and gratifying hobby. However, there are other myths abou... How To Kayak.
- Add your weight in the Weight (pounds) box.
- Add your height in the Height (inches) box.
- Add your age in the Age (years) box.
- Add your gender in the Sex box.
- You will get an answer about the approximate number of calories you can burn for a particular session of kayaking once you click on the Get Results button.
Benefits of kayaking apart from burning calories
It is true that not only is kayaking a lot of fun as a relaxed activity, but it can also be used to your best potential as an exercise sport that can help you burn a good amount of calories.
In addition to burning calories, here are a few other health benefits that you can derive when you take up kayaking:
- It improves your overall cardiovascular fitness.
- Regular kayaking can help to reduce the wear and tear of your joints and tissues as it is a low impact activity.
- Once you get into kayaking, it helps to improve your overall muscle strength, and especially in the areas in your arms, back, shoulders as well as in the chest. This happens mainly due to the paddling act that you do as you kayak.
- Kayaking is also a great way to increase the strength in your leg and torso region. When you kayak, you have to repeatedly rotate your torso and also apply pressure with your legs. As a result, it helps build strength in your torso and legs.
- Kayaking can also act as a stress buster and help to improve your overall mental health and wellness.
Is kayaking one of the best forms of exercise on the water?
You can easily consider kayaking as one of the best forms of water-based exercises, as it is a lot of fun while also being effective at burning those calories.
Can you up the intensity on a kayaking workout? How?
Your regular workout on your kayak can soon become a redundant routine once the amount of calories that you burn remains the same. Instead, there are various fun and effective ways in which you can increase the intensity of your kayak workout and increase the amount of calories you burn.
- Once you are more comfortable with kayaking, you can increase the amount of time you spend kayaking.
- Also, you can try and increase the speed at which you pedal.
- This can significantly increase the intensity of your exercise and help you burn more calories.
In case you notice any discomfort or pain while doing these, take a break and get back to it once you feel better.
Kayaking Your Way to a Healthier You
- Kayaking is an excellent way to burn calories and improve your cardiovascular health. It can burn up to 400 calories per hour, depending on the intensity of the activity.
- Kayaking is a low-impact exercise that is easy on your joints and muscles. It also helps build strength in your arms, shoulders, back, and core.
- The type of kayak you use will affect how many calories you burn. A sit-on-top kayak will require more effort than a sit-in kayak.
- The speed at which you paddle will also affect how many calories you burn. The faster you paddle, the more calories you'll burn.
- It's important to wear a life jacket when kayaking for safety reasons. Make sure it fits properly and is comfortable before heading out on the water.
ALSO: Kayaking can be done alone or with friends, making it a great way to stay active while socializing!