Our Choice Recommendation
- Made of High Quality Material PC+ABC , Which is Strong and Durable. for long life
- Easy Install and ready to use
- 30 degree angle designed head.
What is a kayak rod holder?
What is it used for?
What are the different types of kayak rod holders?
Kayak rod holders are any type of mount built to be attached to your kayak and used for holding your fishing rods while you’re out on the water.
Some kayaks come with rod holders built in already, while others don’t. Generally speaking, if your kayak is intended for fishing, there’s a good chance it’s already got at least one rod holder or space to add one without having to modify the kayak at all first.
However, if your kayak was not originally meant for fishing or otherwise didn’t come with a rod holder built in, you may be interested in installing one or more yourself.
In this article, we’ll show you five different rod holders to help you find the right choice for your kayaking experience. These rod holders are usually easy to mount, but keep in mind that it’s important to check the information listed about each one you’re considering before you buy. This way, you can determine whether or not it can be installed on your kayak.
Here are the two styles to consider when looking for rod holders for your kayak:
- Swivel: This type of rod holder sits up off the surface of the kayak and can be turned to make it easier for you to position it while kayaking.
- Flush mount: This type of rod holder sits against the surface of the kayak and cannot be moved.
We’ve gathered examples of both types so you can see the difference and find the perfect kayak fishing rod holder from our product list below.
Option #1. Hanperal Plastic Flush Mount Rod Holders
With the Hanperal Plastic Flush Mount Rod Holders , you can enjoy the convenience of two flush mount style rod holders on your kayak right away. These rod holders are easy to install and lightweight enough that almost anyone can work with them. They feature cap closures so they won’t hold water when not in use, and they can be installed in just a few short minutes.
- The rod holders come with all the hardware needed for installation.
- The rod holders are fairly universal and work on many kayaks.
- The holders may be too shallow for some fishing rods.
- Some customers feel it’s a good idea to upgrade the hardware before installing.
Option #2. Anndason Kayak Deck Plastic Flush Mount Rod Holders
Choose these Anndason Kayak Deck Plastic Flush Mount Rod Holders for a solid, sturdy two-pack that will get you out on the water with your fishing rods in no time. These rod holders come with screws for easy installation and are built from long-lasting plastic that won’t corrode or weaken when used in the water.
- These rod holders are angled at 30 degrees for ease of use.
- The rod holders are very affordable and well within most kayakers’ budgets.
- Some customers find the rod holders don’t fit as snugly as some others against the side of the kayak.
- The plastic may scratch or chip during installation.
Option #3. Brocraft Kayaks Rod Holder
Take a look at the Brocraft Kayaks Rod Holder if you’re looking for a two-pack to get you started. This flush mount style rod holder is easy to mount on your kayak and comes with all the hardware needed to install both of the holders, too. This offer is a great low-cost solution to your rod holder needs.
- The rod holders are angled so you can used them more efficiently when trolling.
- This choice is easy to figure out how to install even if you are a beginner.
- Despite the ease of installation, there are not instructions included with the rod holders.
- There are no cut patterns included with the holders.
Option #4. Hitorhike Fishing Rod Holder
Consider the Hitorhike Fishing Rod Holder if you’re looking for a universal swivel-style mount for your kayak. This option is capable of being used with a variety of different kayak styles and offers 360 degrees of horizontal motion along with 90 degrees of vertical motion.
- The materials included in the production of this rod holder are eco-friendly as well as durable and long-lasting.
- This offer comes with everything you need to install it right out of the package.
- This rod holder isn’t quite as strong overall as some of the others on the market.
- Some customers feel the mount is a little too bulky for smaller sized kayaks.
Option #5. Pelican Boats Kayak Swivel Fishing Rod Holder
The Pelican Boats Kayak Swivel Fishing Rod Holder can spin up to 360 degrees when installed on your kayak and provides plenty of range of motion for all types of fishing and casting. You can also lock it if you prefer to use it from a stationary position, and easily unlock it again when you’re ready to move.
- You can latch your rod into the holder when you’re not using it so it won’t go anywhere while it’s not in your hands.
- The rod holder comes with everything you need to mount it properly.
- This choice may not stay secure on your kayak in some instances.
- This option may be difficult to install.
As you can see, there are many different features and qualities to consider when buying a rod holder mount for your kayak. This offer may take a little time and consideration to choose one that really works well for your watercraft. You might have to make a list of your priorities and narrow down the choices from there. However, with so many options to choose from, it isn’t too difficult to find something with all the features you’re looking for and much more.
Buying a rod holder online may be a little trickier than buying in person, but it doesn’t have to be challenging either. Here are a few tips to remember when picking a rod holder online versus in person:
- Always measure your kayak and the space where you want to mount the rod holder carefully to ensure it will fit properly. You don’t have to look at the rod holder in person to know whether or not it will fit if you take care to measure first!
- Check the rod holder’s information to see whether or not it’s meant for use only with certain types of kayaks. Most rod holders can be used more or less across the board, but this isn’t true of all of them.
- Consider the way in which you fish to determine whether or not you need a flush mount or a swivel style rod holder. Both styles offer their own strengths and weaknesses, and this choice is entirely yours.
- Choose a rod holder that comes from a company with customer support. This way, if anything goes wrong, you can always reach out.
It’s entirely up to you to determine which style and which model of kayak rod holder you’re looking for. However, remember that some kayaks are designed to work with certain models and styles while others can be used universally with any style. Take a moment to check your kayak owner’s manual if you’re unsure about your watercraft and its capabilities.
5 Essential Tips for Installing Kayaking Rod Holders
- Choose a rod holder that is compatible with your kayak. Make sure it fits securely and won't move around.
- Secure the rod holder to the kayak using stainless steel screws or bolts. This will ensure that it stays in place while you are fishing.
- Make sure the rod holder is positioned in an area of the kayak where it won't interfere with your paddling or other activities.
- If you plan on using multiple rod holders, make sure they are spaced out evenly so that they don't get in each other's way.
- Test out the rod holder before going out on the water to make sure it is secure and won't come loose during use.
ALSO: Consider adding a few extra accessories such as a fish finder or bait box to your kayak for even more convenience!
More Info For Readers
These kayaker goods are vital for any fisherman looking to maximize their kayaking experience. They not only give a simple place to store your rods while paddling, but they also allow you to leave your hands free to focus on navigation and fishing. You can easily modify the angle and height of your rods with the correct rod holder for maximum casting accuracy and comfort. Furthermore, many versions have adjustable straps or clamps that make it simple to tie them to your kayak. You'll be able to enjoy hours of successful fishing with a reliable kayak rod holder without having to worry about losing or damage your gear.
Good Usage Ideas: What Can You Use Them For?
There are three major ways to use these rod holders. First, they are a great way to keep your fishing rods safe while you paddle. This is especially helpful if you need to move around quickly or are fishing in rough water. Second, they make it easy to store your rods when they are not in use. This keeps them safe from the weather and keeps them from getting caught on other things on board. Lastly, you can put other things in these holders, like fish finders or GPS units. This makes it easier to get to these things without having to reach down into the kayak. When you add up all of these uses, these products are a must-have for any serious angler who wants to get the most out of their time on the water.
The Disadvantages: What To Expect
There are a few disadvantages to take into consideration despite the many advantages of these kayak products. First off, they might be challenging to install and call for some technical expertise. This is particularly true for kayak attachment types, which must be tightly attached to prevent them from slipping when the kayak is in motion. Furthermore, if improperly mounted, these holders may harm the kayak's hull or potentially pose a safety risk. For individuals who are uncomfortable installing their own rod holders, there are fortunately a number of options available. One choice is to buy ready-made models that have all the required hardware and instructions. A skilled installer, on the other hand, will make sure that your rod holder is firmly fixed and won't result in any damage or safety hazards. You may take advantage of the ease of having your rods safely kept with one of these choices without worrying about installation issues or potential risks.
What Guidelines Should Be Used To Evaluate Them?
The most crucial quantitative factors to consider while assessing these kayaker products are stability, durability, simplicity of installation, and cost. The holder's ability to keep a rod in place when navigating choppy waters or strong currents is what determines stability. How long the holder will survive under normal use and exposure to the elements is how durability is determined. The holder's ease of installation is assessed by how quickly and simply it can be connected to a kayak without the use of specific tools or technical knowledge. In order to decide which model delivers the best value for the money, prices for several models are compared as the final step in cost evaluation.
Overall Usage Experience: What You Need To Know
These kayaking accessories are an excellent way to keep your fishing rods safe and conveniently available while on the water. They are available in a range of forms, ranging from simple clamp-on devices to more complicated track systems that may be attached directly to the kayak. When selecting a holder, think about the style of fishing you'll be doing and how much weight you'll need to sustain. Clamp-on types are ideal for small tackle, but if you're using heavier equipment, consider a track system with adjustable arms that can support several pounds of weight. Furthermore, some holders have adjustable angles, allowing you to put your rods exactly where you need them. Your kayak will become an even better fishing platform with the correct holder!
Following are general instructions for using these holders: To begin with, confirm that the holder is firmly fastened to your kayak. Then, alter the holder's angle so that it is at a comfortable angle for you to utilize. Third, place your rod inside the holder and tie a strap or bungee cord over it to keep it there. Before getting on the water, check that all connections are snug and secure. Fifth, just take your rod out of the holder when you're ready to cast when you're ready to fish! Finally, remember to put your rod back in its holder when you're through fishing for the day so it's ready for the next time. You may use a kayak rod holder to have a good fishing session on the water by keeping these easy instructions in mind.
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 21:04 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.