Our Choice Recommendation
- Synthetic / Neoprene
- Select thickness - 3mm warm water - 5mm moderate water - 7mm cold water
- Durable glued and sewn construction - Puncture resistant sole
What are kayaking shoes?
Are these types of shoes essential for kayaking, or are they a bonus item?
How can kayak water shoes improve your experience?
Kayak water shoes are any type of shoe that is designed to be worn while kayaking. These shoes usually aren’t specific to kayaks, but are instead meant for use in all sorts of water-based activities, including surfing and boating as well as fishing.
Water shoes for kayaking tend to be made of specific materials that prevent them from being damaged by water. At the same time, those materials keep your feet drier than they would be if you went barefoot or if you wore other types of shoes. They can also keep your feet warmer if you kayak in cooler water.
***GET BEST KAYAK TRAILER PACKAGE TODAY: See the best packages for kayak trailers in our list collection. Kayak Trailer.
It’s not difficult to find kayaking shoes, but it can be tricky to find the ones that work best for your needs. In this article, we’ll show you five pairs of our favorite kayak water shoes for sale on the market today. Take your time and look through them to discover the ones that are ideal for you.
Don’t forget to consider the way you kayak as well as the situations in which you’ll be wearing your shoes to help you narrow down your options and bring home the perfect pair.
Option #1. Joto Water Shoes for Kayaking
For a solid, lightweight slip-on water shoe, try the Joto Water Shoes for Kayaking . These shoes come in five colors and slip on fast for protection on the go. They come in a women’s 4 through 14 or a men’s 5 through 11, so you can easily find the fit that works for you.
***FIND KAYAK PADDLES & OARS HERE: See oars for kayaks in our paddle accessories collection list. Kayak Paddle.
- These shoes feature a sole that is thick enough to protect against rocks but thin enough to allow movement.
- The shoes include a removable insole.
- Some shoes may arrive with missing seams.
- he fabric is thin and may not last very long on these shoes.
Option #2. Feifan Women’s Water Shoes
With the Feifan Women’s Water Shoes , paddlers with smaller feet are sure to find all the comfort and protection they’re looking for and much more. Available in women’s sizes 5.5 through 15 and in over thirty colors, these shoes are ready to help improve your kayaking experience while keeping your feet secure at all times.
- The mesh material on these shoes allows them to dry quickly.
- The shoes have a lot of traction thanks to the design of the treads.
- The drain holes may be too large on these shoes and may lead to insect bites and other issues in the water.
- The cording may break quickly on these shoes.
Option #3. Yalox Water Shoes for Kayaking
Try the Yalox Water Shoes for Kayaking to give yourself support and durability in all sorts of water conditions. These sneaker-style shoes have a thick sole that is both slip-resistant and resistant to punctures, and lace cording that keeps them more snugly on your feet.
***GET THE BEST KAYAK TROLLING MOTOR TODAY: Pick up the best kayak motor in our electric trolling selection. Kayak Motors.
- The shoes come in many different colors and aesthetic styles.
- The shoes come in women’s sizes 5.5 through 15 and men’s sizes 4 through 14.
- The sole may pull apart from the rest of the shoe fairly quickly with this offer.
- The shoes are not as thick as some other water shoes and shouldn’t be used in very cold waters.
Option #4. Water Shoes for Men and Women Athletic Sport Shoes
Check out these Water Shoes for Men and Women Athletic Sport Shoes if you’re looking for a colorful alternative to kayaking shoes. These shoes feature a more sneaker-like design with cording laces and come in several different vibrant color combinations. They offer a durable non-slip sole and holes for drainage in case water does get in.
- These shoes are elastic enough to move with you but fit well enough to keep your feet dry.
- The shoes come in women’s sizes 5 through 15 and men’s sizes 3 through 14.
- The shoes don’t offer much arch support.
- The shoes don’t have much cushioning and aren’t intended for long-term use.
Option #5. Neo Sport Premium Wetsuit Boots
With these Neo Sport Premium Wetsuit Boots , you can choose between three different thicknesses (3mm, 5mm, or 7mm) to get the comfort and warmth you’re looking for. These shoes are ideal for all sorts of climates and environments, so you can find the thickness for the type of water where you do most of your kayaking.
- These shoes come in men’s sizes 4 through 16 and women’s sizes 5 through 17.
- The shoes are durable and designed to resist punctures.
- The shoes may stretch out over time and allow water into them.
- The sizing may be a full size too small.
Now that you’ve had a chance to take a look at some of our favorite kayak water shoes, you may be wondering how you’re supposed to pick the right pair. Some paddlers pick the first pair of water shoes they see and never look back, but others are more cautious and choose shoes with the features they’re looking for the most. The way you pick your kayaking shoes is entirely up to you.
If you’re concerned about buying shoes online without checking them out in person, you’re not alone; this is a common worry many shoppers have before they buy. However, you don’t have to be concerned at all! Here are a few tips to find shoes that fit and work the way you want them to, even when shopping online:
- Buy shoes from a seller that has a return policy. Although it’s a hassle, and it’s not the ideal situation, it’s always best to buy shoes you know you can return just in case you end up with the wrong size or the wrong style.
- Take the time to measure your feet, especially if the seller offers a sizing chart. When you measure your feet and compare against a sizing chart, you’ll be even more likely to pick shoes that fit you the first time, without having to worry about a return.
- Take care to note whether or not you’re buying shoes for men, women, or children, and which size you’re looking at. When buying online, it can sometimes be difficult to remember what category you’re shopping in or ensure you’ve made the right choice from a dropdown box. Always double-check before ordering.
- When in doubt, check out water shoes in person—but still buy online if you choose to. There’s no reason you can’t go look at a pair of water shoes in the local sporting goods store, and then order online. If you do this, you may be able to get a better idea of the styles and materials that are out there for you to choose from.
When you have a pair of kayak water shoes to help keep your feet drier and warmer, you’ll be even more likely to enjoy your kayak experience comfortably. Of course, these shoes can also help keep you safe anytime you need to walk on the bottom of the lake or river where you’re paddling, so they may improve your kayak adventure even more by adding some safety to the mix.
Choose your favorite pair and see for yourself why people love kayaking shoes!
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 11:45 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.