Our Choice Recommendation
- Constructed of uv-protected high-density Polyethylene. Multiple footrest positions for different size riders....
- Adjustable padded seat back and seat pad for comfort. Two flush mounted fishing rod holders. One top mount fishing...
- Front and rear shock cord straps. Two 6" storage compartments in rear and center. One paddlekeeper, one adult black...
What kind of kayak is the Lifetime Tamarack kayak?
Should you use this kayak for fishing, exploration, rafting, or something else entirely?
What are some of the features of the Tamarack kayak that help decide its purpose?
***LIFETIME TAMARACK ANGLER KAYAKS & MORE: See the Lifetime Tamarack Angler for fishing and more in our review collection. Lifetime Kayak.
The Lifetime Tamarack kayak is a popular choice in plastic kayaks from the Lifetime company. This kayak is designed for fishing purposes first and foremost, although it is possible to take it out on the water for exploration, too. The kayak isn’t meant for rough waters or for rafting.
***TRY HOBIE MIRAGE KAYAKS TODAY: Enjoy Mirage fishing kayaks with pedal drive in our Hobie list review selection. Hobie Kayak.
There are two different variants on the Tamarack kayak, and choosing the right one can take some thought. In this article, we’ll show you a comparison between both models so you can more easily decide which one is best for you.
Check out the comparison below!
***FISHING AND RECREATIONAL KAYAKS FROM VIBE: Find your Vibe Kayak for fishing in our Vibe fishing and recreational kayaks collection. Vibe Kayak.
Option #1. Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
The Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak is a popular Lifetime kayaks product. This choice is made of polyethylene plastic that’s designed to resist UV rays and prevent sun damage as well as aesthetic fading. This kayak comes in a light brown sandy color and features black accents for a classic look. With a handful of additional accessories and some customizability options as well, this is an excellent starter kayak for shorter, solo fishing trips on calm waters.
- This kayak weighs 56.5 pounds, making it slightly heavier than the other Tamarack kayak model.
- This option comes with an adjustable seat and various footrest options so passengers of all shapes and sizes can be comfortable.
- The kayak can hold up to 275 pounds of weight.
- The kayak includes bungee cord storage as well as some small storage areas on board.
- This offer is designed to remain stable and upright in the water, making it a great fit for beginners or anyone who has trouble turning when paddling a kayak.
What We Liked
- One of the best features of this Tamarack angler kayak is its ability to be customized. There aren’t any frills included with this option, but that means you can easily make it what you want by purchasing add-ons over time. And in turn, this makes the boat more budget-friendly as well as more unique and interesting, too.
What Could Be Improved
- The biggest flaw with this kayak is the interior storage design. The storage compartments provide access to the entire inside of the kayak hull, meaning anything placed inside has the potential to roll around from the front to the back of the kayak. Items that are lighter than tackle or fishing gear may get “lost” within the kayak.
- This kayak can handle gentle waves, although it’s designed mostly for use on calmer waters.
- The storage space is enough to hold gear for a day-long fishing trip.
- Customers of many different body types and weights enjoy this kayak and find it easy to maneuver.
- Some customers have had issues with the rod holder piece breaking easily on this kayak.
- The hull of this kayak may be more prone to breaking and damage than the other model, and more easily damaged than other Lifetime models as well.
- Many kayaks have been known to arrive with some scratches, dings, or other damage.
Option #2. Lifetime Tamarack Angler 120 Kayak
Just like the Angler 100, the Lifetime Tamarack Angler 120 Kayak is made from polyethylene that won’t fade or become cracked or brittle in the sunlight. It’s built to stay stable and upright in the water, even when you’re casting your fishing line from the seat. This is just one of the many reasons why this kayak is also good for beginners as well as for anyone who just wants a casual fishing experience without too many additional features to worry about. The kayak comes in dark olive green with black accents and is sure to become a classic addition to your lineup in no time.
- Coming in at 52 pounds, this kayak is slightly lighter than the other Tamarack option, although their weights are very close to each other.
- This kayak can support up to 275 pounds of weight, including a single passenger and any gear or other items brought on board.
- This choice includes on-board small storage compartments and bungee cord storage on the deck, too.
- The built-in seat features a padded back and base as well as some simple adjustable options.
- This option is a durable and stable product that holds up well to plenty of use and isn’t prone to tipping or flipping, even when it’s being paddled by a beginner.
What We Liked
- We enjoy the lightweight overall design of this offer. Many fishing kayaks tend to get heavy very fast, especially with a lot of add-on items. However, this kayak has a low base weight and doesn’t get too heavy even when you incorporate additional gear and accessories into it, either. The lighter weight makes this a very accessible kayak for beginners.
What Could Be Improved
- This Lifetime Tamarack 120 angler kayak could be improved by upgrading the seat. The thin seat padding is uncomfortable and is not ergonomically friendly, so the kayak isn’t ideal for taking out on the water over longer periods of time. More customers would likely be inclined to spend all day or even multiple days fishing from this kayak if the seat was more comfortable. Unfortunately, because of the way the seat is molded into the kayak, it’s not really possible to remove it and replace it with another one, either, so the company could stand to make some improvements overall to the seating situation.
- Many customers report being able to easily and comfortably carry this kayak to and from the water without having to ask for assistance.
- The kayak is safe for older kids or teens to use with supervision, since it’s slow moving and features a durable hull.
- The kayak handles well when used on calm waters, and it’s easy to turn and move forward as well.
- The straps on this kayak may be prone to breaking off or loosening over time, especially when used in very warm weather.
- The kayak is made from somewhat soft materials, so it may be difficult to mount additional accessories and other items onto the hull of the kayak.
- There are a few poorly placed scupper holes on this kayak that may make the passenger on board wetter than necessary, so it may be a good idea to purchase additional scupper plugs for these holes.
Try A Lifetime Tamarack Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak Today
So what do you think? Which is the better choice between the two? Overall the Angler 100 is the more popular option that has all the features most beginning kayak anglers are looking for. When you want to get started with a kayak you can use as a beginner and don’t want to spend a fortune to make that happen, the Angler 100 is the way to go.
Of course, if you choose to go with the Angler 120 model instead, you’re sure to be just as pleased with the results. These are very similar kayaks with only a few small differences, so the right choice may come down to aesthetics and price. Either way, pick your favorite and go fishing right away!
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 11:54 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.