Our Choice Recommendation
- Constructed of uv-protected high-density Polyethylene. Multiple footrest positions for different size riders....
- Adjustable padded seat back and seat pad for comfort. Two flush mounted fishing rod holders. One top mount fishing...
- Front and rear shock cord straps. Two 6" storage compartments in rear and center. One paddlekeeper, one adult black...
What kind of watercraft is the Lifetime Tamarack boat?
Should you use this paddlecraft for fishing, exploration, rafting, or something else entirely?
What are some of the features of the Tamarack watercraft that help decide its purpose?
The Lifetime Tamarack boat is a popular choice in plastic watercrafts from the Lifetime company. This paddlecraft is designed for fishing purposes first and foremost, although it is possible to take it out on the water for exploration, too. The watercraft isn’t meant for rough waters or for rafting.
There are two different variants on the Tamarack boat, and choosing the right one can take some thought. In this article, we’ll show you a comparison between both models so you can more easily decide which one is best for you.
Check out the comparison below!
Option #1. Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Paddlecraft
The Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Watercraft is a popular Lifetime boats product. This choice is made of polyethylene plastic that’s designed to resist UV rays and prevent sun damage as well as aesthetic fading. This boat comes in a light brown sandy color and features black accents for a classic look. With a handful of additional accessories and some customizability options as well, this is an excellent starter paddlecraft for shorter, solo fishing trips on calm waters.
- This watercraft weighs 56.5 pounds, making it slightly heavier than the other Tamarack boat model.
- This option comes with an adjustable seat and various footrest options so passengers of all shapes and sizes can be comfortable.
- The paddlecraft can hold up to 275 pounds of weight.
- The watercraft includes bungee cord storage as well as some small storage areas on board.
- This offer is designed to remain stable and upright in the water, making it a great fit for beginners or anyone who has trouble turning when paddling a boat.
What We Liked
- One of the best features of this Tamarack angler paddlecraft is its ability to be customized. There aren’t any frills included with this option, but that means you can easily make it what you want by purchasing add-ons over time. And in turn, this makes the boat more budget-friendly as well as more unique and interesting, too.
What Could Be Improved
- The biggest flaw with this watercraft is the interior storage design. The storage compartments provide access to the entire inside of the boat hull, meaning anything placed inside has the potential to roll around from the front to the back of the paddlecraft. Items that are lighter than tackle or fishing gear may get “lost” within the watercraft.
- This boat can handle gentle waves, although it’s designed mostly for use on calmer waters.
- The storage space is enough to hold gear for a day-long fishing trip.
- Customers of many different body types and weights enjoy this paddlecraft and find it easy to maneuver.
- Some customers have had issues with the rod holder piece breaking easily on this watercraft.
- The hull of this boat may be more prone to breaking and damage than the other model, and more easily damaged than other Lifetime models as well.
- Many paddlecrafts have been known to arrive with some scratches, dings, or other damage.
Option #2. Lifetime Tamarack Angler 120 Paddlecraft
Just like the Angler 100, the Lifetime Tamarack Angler 120 Watercraft is made from polyethylene that won’t fade or become cracked or brittle in the sunlight. It’s built to stay stable and upright in the water, even when you’re casting your fishing line from the seat. This is just one of the many reasons why this boat is also good for beginners as well as for anyone who just wants a casual fishing experience without too many additional features to worry about. The paddlecraft comes in dark olive green with black accents and is sure to become a classic addition to your lineup in no time.
- Coming in at 52 pounds, this watercraft is slightly lighter than the other Tamarack option, although their weights are very close to each other.
- This boat can support up to 275 pounds of weight, including a single passenger and any gear or other items brought on board.
- This choice includes on-board small storage compartments and bungee cord storage on the deck, too.
- The built-in seat features a padded back and base as well as some simple adjustable options.
- This option is a durable and stable product that holds up well to plenty of use and isn’t prone to tipping or flipping, even when it’s being paddled by a beginner.
What We Liked
- We enjoy the lightweight overall design of this offer. Many fishing watercrafts tend to get heavy very fast, especially with a lot of add-on items. However, this paddlecraft has a low base weight and doesn’t get too heavy even when you incorporate additional gear and accessories into it, either. The lighter weight makes this a very accessible watercraft for beginners.
What Could Be Improved
- This Lifetime Tamarack 120 angler boat could be improved by upgrading the seat. The thin seat padding is uncomfortable and is not ergonomically friendly, so the paddlecraft isn’t ideal for taking out on the water over longer periods of time. More customers would likely be inclined to spend all day or even multiple days fishing from this watercraft if the seat was more comfortable. Unfortunately, because of the way the seat is molded into the boat, it’s not really possible to remove it and replace it with another one, either, so the company could stand to make some improvements overall to the seating situation.
- Many customers report being able to easily and comfortably carry this paddlecraft to and from the water without having to ask for assistance.
- The watercraft is safe for older kids or teens to use with supervision, since it’s slow moving and features a durable hull.
- The boat handles well when used on calm waters, and it’s easy to turn and move forward as well.
- The straps on this paddlecraft may be prone to breaking off or loosening over time, especially when used in very warm weather.
- The watercraft is made from somewhat soft materials, so it may be difficult to mount additional accessories and other items onto the hull of the boat.
- There are a few poorly placed scupper holes on this paddlecraft that may make the passenger on board wetter than necessary, so it may be a good idea to purchase additional scupper plugs for these holes.
Try A Lifetime Tamarack Sit-On-Top Fishing Watercraft Today
So what do you think? Which is the better choice between the two? Overall the Angler 100 is the more popular option that has all the features most beginning boat anglers are looking for. When you want to get started with a paddlecraft you can use as a beginner and don’t want to spend a fortune to make that happen, the Angler 100 is the way to go.
Of course, if you choose to go with the Angler 120 model instead, you’re sure to be just as pleased with the results. These are very similar boats with only a few small differences, so the right choice may come down to aesthetics and price. Either way, pick your favorite and go fishing right away!
5 Tips for Enjoying a Tamarack Angler Watercraft From Lifetime
- Make sure to wear a life jacket when kayaking. It is important to stay safe and secure while out on the water.
- Bring along plenty of snacks and drinks, as well as sunscreen and insect repellent. You don't want to be caught unprepared in the middle of your adventure.
- Check the weather before you go out. Make sure that conditions are favorable for boating, so that you can enjoy your time on the water.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Pay attention to any potential hazards or obstacles that may be in your path.
- Have fun! Kayaking is a great way to relax and explore nature, so make sure to take some time to enjoy it.
ALSO: Consider bringing along a fishing rod if you plan on fishing from your boat!
More Information For Readers
Anyone seeking to spend the day on the water should choose one of these boating boats. These paddlecrafts are great for recreational paddling or fishing because of their improved stability and mobility. They make it simple to transport all of your things because they have an adjustable seat back, footrests, and numerous storage areas. High-density polyethylene plastic, which is lightweight and strong and ensures years of dependable use, is used to build the hull. Two flush-mount rod holders and one swivel rod holder are also included in these watercrafts, allowing you to fish with both hands free. These paddling boats offer a pleasurable experience on the water that will last a lifetime thanks to their stylish design and plush seating!
Usage Application Ideas: What Are They Good For?
There are three main uses for these paddlecrafts: They are ideal for fishing outings, to start. The Tamarack Angler's broad hull and ample storage capacity make it simple to transport all the required equipment for a productive day on the lake. Second, they are fantastic for leisure activities. Its comfy seats and movable footrests allow you to paddle for extended periods of time without experiencing any discomfort. Last but not least, these watercrafts are fantastic for exploring lakes and rivers. While the stability protects your safety even when negotiating stormy waters, the lightweight design makes them easy to handle in confined locations and shallow waters. The tamarack angler is the excellent pick for any kind of paddling expedition due to its adaptability and convenience.
The Cons: What To Expect
Despite the numerous advantages of these paddling boats, there are a few disadvantages to take into account. They might be fairly pricey, to start. In addition to the paddlecraft itself, you also need to budget for any extras and future maintenance needs. These paddlecrafts are heavier than certain other models available on the market, too. If you don't have a large car or storage space available, this can make them challenging to transport and store. Fortunately, there are strategies to lessen these drawbacks. Consider buying refurbished or used versions instead of brand-new ones, which are frequently less expensive. You may also spend money on a car roof rack or trailer to make it simpler and more easy to move your watercraft. Finally, if space is a concern, look into purchasing an inflatable model that requires less room while not in use, or renting a storage space nearby.
What Criteria Should Be Applied When Assessing Them?
The most important quantitative factors to take into account while comparing these watercrafts are pricing, mobility, durability, and stability. The caliber of the building materials chosen and how effectively they withstand deterioration over time serve as a gauge of durability. The width of the boat and its capacity to stay upright in turbulent waves are the two factors that determine stability. When folded or dismantled for transport, a device's portability is determined by its weight and size. By contrasting the features offered with those of comparable boats in its class, the pricing is finally established.
First-hand Usage Experience: What To Expect
If you want to enjoy some fishing on the water, these paddlecrafts are a terrific option. They provide stability, comfort, and a ton of storage for all of your equipment. You can personalize your seating posture for maximum comfort thanks to the adjustable footrests and the hull's flat bottom, which enables good tracking in the water. The paddlecraft also has two paddle keepers and two flush-mounted rod holders, allowing you to fish or paddle with both hands free. Additionally, it includes various cargo spaces, an integrated tackle box holder, and allows you to bring everything you need for a productive day on the lake. This watercraft is constructed of UV-protected high-density polyethylene and is designed to last for years of use in any weather.
The general guidelines for using these watercrafts are as follows: First, make sure you have all the appropriate safety gear, including a whistle and a life jacket. Next, make sure that all of your boat's components are attached securely and that it is properly inflated. Third, ensure sure the seat is secure and adjust it to a comfortable position. Fourth, affix any extras to the paddlecraft, including fishing lines or paddles. Fifth, get in your watercraft and have a leisurely paddle around the lake. You may use one of these boat boats for a safe and fun adventure on the water by keeping these easy tips in mind.
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 21:04 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.