Our Choice Recommendation
- Constructed of UV-Protected High-Density Polyethylene. Stable Flat Bottom. Deep Hull Tracking Channels. Stability...
- Multiple Footrest Positions for Different Size Riders. Adjustable Padded Seat Back and Seat Pad for Comfort. Front...
- Two Flush Mounted Fishing Rod Holders. One Top Mount Fishing Rod Holder
What is Lifetime Kayak like?
Are they known for their kayaks, or do they manufacture other products more predominantly?
What do customers love about this company?
Lifetime is a company that makes a wide variety of plastic products, including but not limited to kayaks. These options are usually made of lightweight plastics and built for use outdoors, although some of their items are meant for indoor use as well.
Although the company doesn’t focus specifically on kayaks, Lifetime nevertheless makes good quality plastic kayaks that are popular among newcomers to the hobby. Customers enjoy the durability, lightweight design, and lower price point of these quality boats.
Read on to find some Lifetime Kayak reviews to help you make your kayak decisions.
***LIFETIME TAMARACK ANGLER KAYAKS & MORE: See the Lifetime Tamarack Angler for fishing and more in our review collection. Lifetime Kayak.
Option #1. Lifetime Youth Wave Kayak with Paddle
Teach your kids how to kayak early with the Lifetime Youth Wave Kayak with Paddle . This kayak weighs only 18 pounds, so older kids can carry it themselves to and from the water. It’s durable and easy to learn how to steer and maneuver in the water as well.
- This choice can hold up to 130 pounds of weight.
- The kayak is a sit-on-top style for easier mounting and steering.
- This option is prone to splitting at the seams.
- Taller kids may flip easily on this kayak.
Option #2. Lifetime Daylite 80 Sit-On-Top Kayak
When you’re looking for something simple but effective to get you out on the water, try the Lifetime Daylite 80 Sit-On-Top Kayak . This bright red kayak includes a seatback attachment and a paddle so you can get started with it as soon as you’re ready.
- The kayak weighs only 40 pounds, so it’s fairly easy to transport.
- This offer can support up to 250 pounds of weight.
- The handles may be prone to falling off this kayak in some instances.
- The kayak may not offer enough leg room for every adult, especially for taller individuals.
Option #3. Lifetime Hydros Angler Kayak
The Lifetime Hydros Angler Kayak is a lightweight molded plastic kayak that’s easy to learn how to use when you’re a beginner. This choice features a built-in T-handle for hauling and transportation as well as some on-deck bungee cord style storage space for your convenience when you’re out on the water.
- This kayak is made of UV-resistant plastic that is designed to prevent fading and sun damage.
- This option includes rod holders so you can keep your paddles close by at all times.
- Some customers have had issues with the kayak sitting too low in the water.
- The kayak may be prone to taking on water in some instances.
Option #4. Lifetime Tahoma 100 Sit-on-Top Fishing Kayak
The bright and colorful Lifetime Tahoma 100 Sit-on-Top Fishing Kayak is an exciting way to spend your day on the water. This kayak includes a removable seatback attachment as well as bungee cord storage space and oar holders for convenience on the go. And since it comes in bright green, it’s fun to look at, too!
- This kayak can support up to 275 pounds of weight.
- The kayak is short enough to transport on most vehicles with appropriate roof racks.
- This kayak is somewhat heavier than some of the others listed here.
- The kayak may be harder to learn to paddle than some others on the list.
Option #5. Lifetime Lancer 100 Sit-In Kayak
Tackle faster waters in the Lifetime Lancer 100 Sit-In Kayak . This kayak features a design that is built for speed and precision as well as a lightweight style to keep you comfortable when paddling and transporting both. With an included paddle, the kayak has everything you need to use it right away.
***FISHING AND RECREATIONAL KAYAKS FROM VIBE: Find your Vibe Kayak for fishing in our Vibe fishing and recreational kayaks collection. Vibe Kayak.
- This offer includes on-deck storage as well as a small storage compartment.
- Since it is a sit-in kayak, it includes a seat as well as thigh rests for comfort.
- Although it’s more precise than some other Lifetime kayaks, this option is still not as precise as some other brands.
- The kayak may be tricky to use for fishing.
Option #6. Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
The Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak is the perfect starter fishing kayak. This choice is made of UV-resistant plastic and is designed to hold up even after a lot of use in the sun and water.
- The kayak includes plenty of storage areas as well as rod and oar holders.
- You can easily adjust the seatback and footrests for comfort.
- Some customers have reported receiving damaged kayaks when ordering this offer.
- The kayak may be prone to cracking easily when used on rougher waters, since it’s intended for calm water only.
Option #7. Lifetime 10 Foot Two Person Tandem Fishing Kayak
Go out with a friend or family member on the Lifetime 10 Foot Two Person Tandem Fishing Kayak and relax together in comfort. This kayak features two spacious seating areas and a durable hull that keeps both passengers afloat without the risk of tipping or flipping.
- You can choose between olive green or camouflage when buying this kayak.
- The kayak can support up to 500 pounds between both passengers.
- Although this is a fishing kayak, it may be tough to cast off of it when sitting so close to the other person on board.
- The kayak is large and slow-moving, so it’s not meant for much touring.
Option #8. Lifetime Lotus Sit-On-Top Kayak with Paddle
Beginners and more experienced paddlers alike are sure to enjoy a fun day on the water with the Lifetime Lotus Sit-On-Top Kayak with Paddle . This kayak is designed to be comfortable and easy to paddle for those who are just learning, and it’s speedy enough to provide some excitement for those who already know how to paddle.
***GET A SUN DOLPHIN BOAT FOR FISHING: Pick up Sun Dolphin fishing kayaks in our kayaking boat selection. Sun Dolphin Kayak.
- The kayak weighs only 38 pounds and is easy to transport and haul.
- This option can hold up to 250 pounds.
- This compact kayak may be too short for taller passengers.
- The seat may not be comfortable after several hours of kayaking.
Option #9. Lifetime 10 Foot Two Person Tandem Sit-On Kayak with Padded Backrests
Bring home either a bright green or bright yellow Lifetime 10 Foot Two Person Tandem Sit-On Kayak with Padded Backrests and enjoy the comfort and stability of a lightweight two-person kayak. This kayak can support up to 500 pounds and up to two people, and it’s easy to haul and transport as well.
- The kayak includes several footrest options for easy, comfortable bracing.
- The kayak includes a small bungee cord storage space.
- It can be tricky to get this kayak to move in a straight line in some instances.
- The kayak may be slow in comparison to some other Lifetime products.
So, is Lifetime a recommended kayak company, or should you go with something else for your kayak needs?
If you’re looking for a first kayak to help you learn the basics, you can’t go wrong with Lifetime. These are affordable products that are easy to maintain and easy to paddle, too. Although you may eventually want to upgrade to a longer-lasting kayak from a company that focuses specially on paddling, Lifetime kayaks provide a great place to get started.
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 12:05 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.