Our Choice Recommendation
What is Old Town like as a kayaking company?
Do they make good fishing kayaks, or are they better suited to recreational kayaks?
Why do customers come back again and again to this brand name?
Old Town is a very high-quality kayak and canoe company that is well-known and loved among those who enjoy paddling as a hobby or a profession. Although Old Town got its start making canoes, its kayaks and other products are also made with the same care and attention to detail as all of its canoe lines.
This company cares about its customers and provides excellent customer service. In addition, these options that come from Old Town are made of durable materials and built to last, so customers can enjoy them for many years without any issues.
***TRY OLD TOWN FISHING KAYAKS TODAY: Enjoy Old Town kayaking for fishing in our kayak list collection. Old Town Kayak.
Although some of Old Town’s most widely recognized products are its recreational kayaks, this company also offers high-quality fishing kayaks too. If you’re looking for a durable fishing kayak for beginners or for experienced paddlers, you can easily find the right fit from the Old Town catalog.
In this article, we’ll show you three of our favorite fishing kayaks from Old Town. These kayaks offer different features and price points, too, so take your time and consider each one to see if it’s the right one for you and your fishing needs.
***COMPACT RECREATIONAL KAYAKS: See Old Vapor 10 recreational kayaks in our compact collection. Old Town Vapor 10.
Read on and discover the right Old Town fishing kayak to meet all of your requirements.
Option #1. Old Town Vapor 10 Angler Fishing Kayak
Get started fishing in style with the Old Town Vapor 10 Angler Fishing Kayak . This is a popular choice among beginners and continues to be a favorite of more experienced kayak anglers as well. Although this kayak doesn’t have as many features as some of the others from the Old Town line, it nevertheless comes equipped with everything you need to get out on the water for a few hours at a time and enjoy a leisurely fishing experience. The kayak is available in a green and black gradient with gray and black features and includes an adjustable seat with thigh pads for extra comfort.
- This kayak includes a rear storage space as well as additional front bungee cord storage so you can bring along some gear for a shorter fishing trip.
- The kayak also includes rod holders and a paddle rest as well as a cup holder to help you stay as comfortable as possible while you’re on the water.
- This kayak supports only 325 pounds of weight, which may not be enough of a capacity for larger passengers plus fishing gear.
- Unlike other fishing kayaks from Old Town, this model doesn’t include a standing deck and isn’t intended for use when stand-up fishing.
Option #2. Old Town Topwater 106 Angler Fishing Kayak
The Old Town Topwater 106 Angler Fishing Kayak is a good middle ground choice when you’re looking for a few additional features but don’t necessarily want to go for the highest end model, either. This kayak comes in several muted color gradient options as well as a solid olive green, so you can pick the hull that helps you blend into your favorite fishing surroundings. With a breathable mesh seat, three built-in rod holders, easy maneuverability on calm waters, and tons of room for storage, you’ll be able to spend all day fishing from the comfort of this convenient kayak.
- This kayak includes deck pads that make it easier and safer for you to stand up and fish while reducing the risk of slipping at the same time.
- The kayak also includes a transducer mount you can use to bring along a fish finder and make your expedition even more convenient and efficient.
- This option is a heavy-duty kayak, which means it is larger and heavier than many others on the market and may be challenging for an individual to haul without help.
- Despite all the included features, this kayak doesn’t come with any paddles, so you’ll need to plan to purchase them separately.
Option #3. Old Town Predator MK Fishing Kayak
The Old Town Predator MK Fishing Kayak is one of the most comprehensive and intensive fishing kayaks on the market. This offer comes with almost everything you need to get out and enjoy your fishing trip right away, and it’s designed to keep you on the water as long as you want to be there, too. Bring this kayak along when you want to spend days on a hunting and fishing expedition. Available in green camo or red and black, this kayak includes a 45-pound motor that helps make steering and precision even easier to achieve.
- This kayak includes a built-in deck that is resistant to slipping, so it’s safer and easier to stand up on even for those who don’t have as much experience.
- The kayak can support up to 600 pounds of weight and offers plenty of space for a passenger as well as gear.
- This choice is a very expensive product that may be over budget for customers looking to get started as a beginner.
- This kayak weighs over 115 pounds and may be very difficult to mount, transport, and store without assistance, even though it is intended for just one passenger at a time.
Try The Best Old Town Fishing Kayaks Today
As you can see, you don’t have be limited at all when you’re looking for a fishing kayak from Old Town. This company offers several quality products that can easily help you meet all your needs—and maybe even give you more than you were expecting!
Of course, it can be challenging to shop for a fishing kayak when you haven’t ever bought one before. If you’re new to the world of fishing kayaks, all the bells and whistles may just be confusing instead of exciting. So how do you know what you should prioritize when you want to buy this type of watercraft? Here are a few features to look for when choosing your fishing kayak:
- Standing deck options: Some anglers prefer to stand up and fish from the deck of a kayak. If this sounds like you, then you might want to look for a watercraft that has this option.
- Storage: Storage is almost always important to anglers, with a few exceptions. Look for a kayak with enough storage for your gear.
- Weight capacity: Make sure the kayak you choose can support your weight as well as your gear. And if you often bring a dog along on your adventures, factor that in, too.
In the end, of course, the features and characteristics you want in your kayak are entirely up to you. Some people may prefer to sit while fishing at all times, and others may want to stand as often as possible; some may not need much storage for short fishing trips, while others may want to spend days out in the wilderness and need as much storage as they can find.
Consider the ways in which you want to use your kayak and the types of trips you plan to take. With a little planning and preparation, you’ll be able to choose the right model right away, all while sticking to the Old Town product line.
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 12:05 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.