Our Top Old Town Loon Watercrafts Recommendation: Loon 126
- Combining a customizable work deck with a sharp keel line and a triple-layer polyethylene hull, the Old Town Loon...
- The Loon 126's Active Comfort System 2.0 seat and easy-grip thigh pads create the most comfortable cockpit...
- Packed with features anglers will love, the Loon 126 Angler includes flush-mount rod holders, an anchor system, a...
What is an Old Town Look Boat?
Is it a good quality paddlecraft to consider for beginners, advanced paddlers, or both?
What are some features that make it stand out from similar boats on the market?
Here are a few of the unique characteristics of this watercraft:
- These paddlecrafts tend to have more of a canoe shape overall than many other styles of boat. This makes them maneuver a little bit differently in the water and allows for a precise positioning, too.
- The watercrafts have spacious cockpits that offer passengers plenty of room to be comfortable without sacrificing safety or stability.
- The boats can move more quickly than some others from the Old Town catalog and are useful for times when you want a little additional speed.
- Some models from this line have removable decks that can be used working or storage—although not every model has this feature, so keep that in mind.
This paddlecraft line is an excellent choice whether you are a beginner looking to learn how to maneuver a watercraft in the water or you’re an advanced paddler who wants a new experience in your kayaking adventures.
There are a few different models within the Loon line, so depending on what you’re looking for, you may want to choose one of them over another. But if you’re a little confused by the different options, don’t worry—we’re here to help!
Below, we’ve put together some quick and simple reviews of three of the most popular Loon paddlecrafts from the Old Town company. When you’re looking for a boat to get you out on the water or you want one that can keep you there all day comfortably, this line is an excellent place to get started.
Take your time and explore the different models available to you. Although these unique watercrafts may not be for everyone, they may be just what you’re looking for thanks to their exciting features and characteristics.
Read on to find out more about Loon boats from Old Town!
Option #1: Old Town Loon 111 Recreational Paddlecraft
The Old Town Loon 111 Recreational watercraft is a standard but very efficient boat that beginners and professionals alike are sure to enjoy. This paddlecraft comes in bright red or vibrant yellow, and both colors feature black accents. The boat is made of polyethylene in three layers for maximum support and durability as well as resistance to scratches, dents, and other damage. This choice features a molded seat with an adjustable back, molded footrests, and a cup holder for convenience. Choose this watercraft when you’re looking for a watercraft that’s easy to start using right away and comfortable for short or long trips.
- This option can hold up to 275 pounds of weight, so it’s ideal for many adults or for older teens who may be looking to “graduate” from a youth-sized boat as well.
- The paddlecraft is designed with ergonomics in mind and keeps your back and legs in a safe position throughout your time on the water.
- Although there is some on-deck bungee storage available on this watercraft, there is not a lot of additional storage on this model.
- This offer may tip over or roll more easily than some other models from Old Town and from the Loon product line specifically.
Option #2: Old Town Loon 126 Recreational Boat
The Old Town Loon 126 Recreational Paddlecraft is a step above the Loon 111 with a somewhat different design and a few more add-ons for comfort and convenience. This watercraft comes in either a red gradient, an orange and yellow gradient, or a solid green-yellow and has black accents throughout. It’s designed to be more stable than the 111 model while remaining just as sleek and maneuverable as well. This boat includes a paddle clip as well as a built-in foot brace to keep you more stable and make it easier to move the boat through the water at the same time.
- This paddlecraft features a removable deck for storage and convenience purposes, and it also includes additional storage on both ends of the boat.
- This watercraft comes equipped with a USB port so you can easily charge your electronic devices—just make sure to protect them from the water while you do this!
- Although there is plenty of storage for recreational purposes on this boat, there may not be enough for fishing or hunting gear.
- This choice is a heavy paddlecraft that may be challenging to transport, haul, or store without assistance for some customers.
Option #3: Old Town Loon 126 Angler Fishing Watercraft
If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line product but love the design of the Loon paddlecrafts, be sure to check out the Old Town Loon 126 Angler Fishing Boat . This option includes the same built-in removable deck that the 126 Recreational model offers, and it also features a sharper keel for more precision and smoother, easier movement in the water. Anglers will enjoy this watercraft’s built-in carrying handles and rod holders as well as its additional storage space in comparison to the other Loon watercrafts. Available in a brown camo print or a gray and yellow gradient, this paddlecraft is ready to help you get out on the water and fish the day away.
- This offer can hold up to 450 pounds, so passengers can bring along plenty of fishing gear without having to worry about whether or not they’ll stay afloat.
- Just like the Recreational version of this model, the Angler includes a USB charger as well as a stabilizing foot brace.
- This choice is a pricey watercraft that comes in well over budget for many customers, and even though it includes several features, some may deem it too expensive regardless.
- The adjustable seat may wear out sooner than anything on the boat and may need to be replaced quickly.
Try Old Town Loon Boats (For Recreational or Fishing)
Did you find a good paddlecraft for your needs, or are you still unsure about this choice line? The Loon line may not be for everyone, but if you’re the kind of person who enjoys something a little different in your boating experience, then it might be the way to go for your needs.
What are some of the best ways to use this type of watercraft? Is it better suited for high-impact activities or leisurely ones? Since there are many different products within the Loon line, there are different ways to use these paddlecrafts. However, they can all handle more impact than some others from Old Town, and are good choices for moderate water.
These watercrafts shouldn’t be used in very rough water, but can be used for longer touring, shorter exploration and recreation, or for beginners learning how to paddle. The Angler model is, of course, ideal for fishing and hunting, but it may be able to be used for touring as well.
No matter which way you choose to use this boat, you’re sure to enjoy plenty of trips out on the water and form lasting memories when you bring home one of these offers. And since they come from Old Town, you’ll have all the benefits of this quality company and its excellent customer service, too.
5 Tips for Enjoying Loon Paddlecraft From Old Towns
- Make sure to check the weather before you go out. Wind and waves can make boating more difficult, so it's important to plan accordingly.
- Bring a friend or two! Kayaking is always more fun with friends, and having someone else in the boat can help you stay safe.
- Pack plenty of snacks and water. You'll need energy to paddle, and staying hydrated is key.
- Wear a life jacket at all times. Safety should be your top priority when boating.
- Take time to explore! Old Town Loon paddlecrafts are perfect for exploring rivers, lakes, and other bodies of water. Take some time to enjoy the scenery.
ALSO: Consider renting a watercraft if you don't have one of your own - this way you can try out different models before committing to buying one!
Additional Helpful Info For Readers
Anyone wishing to enjoy the outdoors in style should consider these paddle watercrafts. These boats are perfect for both inexperienced and seasoned paddlers due to their exceptional stability and mobility. Additionally, they have adjustable foot braces, roomy storage for all of your gear, and comfortable seats. Additionally, you can discover the ideal match for your needs because they are available in a range of colors and sizes. With these boat boats, you won't have to worry about capsizing or getting stranded in shoals of water while having hours of fun on the lake. These paddlecrafts will make every trip fun, whether you want to paddle leisurely around the lake or brave some whitewater rapids.
Usage And Application: How Can They Be Used?
There are three main uses for these practical watercrafts. First, they are excellent for leisurely paddling. These boats are made to be stable and simple to control, which makes them ideal for beginners or those wishing to paddle lazily. Additionally, they can be employed for fishing. The adjustable seat makes it comfortable to spend the entire day in the paddlecraft, and the wide, open cockpit makes it easy to retrieve your tackle box and other gear. Last but not least, these paddlecrafts are excellent for traveling. You can carry along all the materials you need for a protracted boat journey because they offer lots of storage capacity. These practical watercrafts are a fantastic option for any level of paddler due to their endurance and adaptability.
The Cons: What To Expect
After going through the advantages of these paddling boats, it's critical to take into account the disadvantages as well. One drawback is that they are heavier than other paddlecrafts available on the market. They may be challenging to move around and transport in small areas as a result. They also frequently cost more than other versions because they were built with better-quality components. Fortunately, there are ways to overcome these drawbacks. If you want to transport heavier watercrafts, like old town loons, you might want to consider investing in a roof rack or trailer hitch. Another way to lower the price of one of these boats is to look around for deals or used models. In the end, by utilizing these remedies, you may nevertheless take advantage of all the advantages of owning an old-town loon watercraft without worrying about its negatives.
By What Criteria Should They Be Evaluated?
These practical paddlecrafts are compared to competitors in terms of simplicity of use, weight capacity, stability, speed, tracking, and maneuverability. How effectively the boat handles rough waters and waves without flipping over is how stable it is. How swiftly the paddlecraft can go through the water determines speed. When paddling in a straight line, the watercraft's tracking is measured by how straight it moves. The boat's ability to turn and fit through small openings is how manoeuvrability is assessed. How much weight an object can safely support without degrading its performance or stability is known as weight capacity. Finally, the paddlecraft's overall mobility and convenience of getting in and out are taken into account when evaluating ease of usage.
Firsthand Experience: What to Expect
For people who like to explore the outdoors, these paddle watercrafts are a fantastic option. Both novice and expert paddlers can use them because they are lightweight and simple to maneuver. You can easily paddle in both flatwater and whitewater conditions thanks to the stable and effective hull design. You can remain out longer without getting tired thanks to the adjustable comfort flex seat's greater comfort and support while you're on the water. These practical boats also come with lots of storage room for all your gear, including a large bow hatch that's ideal for keeping your items dry and a stern tankwell with bungee cords. These practical paddlecrafts will provide you years of enjoyment on the water thanks to their sturdy design and dependable performance.
The general procedures for using these watercrafts are as follows: First, make sure you have all the appropriate safety gear, including a whistle and a life jacket. Next, make sure that your watercraft is correctly inflated and that every component is in functional order. Third, alter the seat and footrests to your desired comfort level and body size. Fourth, fasten any extras you may have, like a paddle leash or rod holder. Fifth, hop in the boat at the dock or from the shore and get paddling! Finally, take pleasure in exploring your favorite rivers in this sturdy and cozy paddlecraft. You can use an old-town loon watercraft for a secure and fun adventure on the lake by keeping these easy instructions in mind.
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 21:04 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.