UPDATED: This offer is not currently available. Check out these great alternatives to the Old Town Otter XT Kayak.
Are you interested in an Old Town kayak?
Are you looking for one of the best from their product line?
Have you ever heard of the Old Town Otter Kayak?
***TRY OLD TOWN FISHING KAYAKS TODAY: Enjoy Old Town kayaking for fishing in our kayak list collection. Old Town Kayak.
Although it may be difficult to find these days, the Otter Kayak is one of the most well-known and loved Old Town kayak. This a compact little kayak that looks great and handles well, too.
***COMPACT RECREATIONAL KAYAKS: See Old Vapor 10 recreational kayaks in our compact collection. Old Town Vapor 10.
There are many reasons customers continue to search for this excellent quality kayak, even as it gets more and more difficult to find. Here are some reasons why you might be interested in learning more about this exciting kayak model:
- The Otter Kayak is ideal for beginners and doesn’t cost a fortune, either, so it’s very accessible for those who are just getting started in their kayaking adventures.
- The Otter Kayak is popular among families with kids who like to join in on the kayaking fun. It’s perfect for families looking for a kayak that can be shared between kids and adults, too.
- Finally, the Otter Kayak comes from the Old Town company. Old Town is well-known for making high-quality products that last a long time and showcase the excellent customer service and satisfaction the company puts into every single one of its boats.
Check out our in-depth review of the Otter Kayak below to find out more.
***OLD TOWN SPORTSMAN PDL AND MORE: See the Old Town PDL Sportsman fishing kayak in our review selection. Old Town Fishing Kayak.
Old Town Classic Otter Plus Kayak
The Old Town Classic Otter Plus Kayak is one of Old Town’s older kayak models, but it nevertheless remains a popular choice among those looking for a sturdy, high-quality boat for beginners and professionals alike. This boat features a traditional sit-inside style and a shorter length that makes it easier for individuals to move around and transport on their own, even without help. This is the perfect lightweight kayak to help you get started learning how to use this style of boat, but it can also handle frequent use by those who tend to go out on the water more often, too.
- This kayak is made of polyethylene and is durable enough to hold up to plenty of use while remaining light and comfortable enough for maneuverability.
- Since it’s shorter, this kayak can be mounted on car rooftops more easily than some of the longer models out there.
- The canoe comes with a built-in adjustable seat with padding on the back and cushion both, so you never have to worry about being uncomfortable when you’re on the go.
- The shape of the boat is stable and sturdy, and it’s perfect for exploring as well as paddling on calm waters.
What We Liked
- We like the adjustable nature of this kayak. It’s easy for individuals to move the footrests back and forth so the person in the kayak can have enough space and leg room, and the seat is also folding and adjustable as well. This choice can be difficult to come by kayaks that have a lot of customizability when it comes to fitting different body types and sizes into the same boat, but this kayak manages to make that work beautifully. As long as the passenger’s weight doesn’t exceed 225 pounds, it’s easy for just about anyone of any size to fit into this kayak comfortably.
What Could Be Improved
- This is a very good quality kayak as it is already, but one improvement it could benefit from would be more storage space. There are bungee-style paddle holders built into the kayak, but otherwise, there’s no real storage to speak of and no other way to hold your paddles while you’re using your hands, either. Although it’s a smaller boat, there could be some other bungee-style storage options included, and so we feel that the kayak would be nearly perfect if it had just a little more space to bring along your gear and must-haves during your outdoor adventures.
- Many customers are extremely pleased with the stability of this kayak and how easy it is to get in and out of it, even for beginners or children.
- Smaller passengers may especially enjoy using this kayak, since it’s smaller in length and is easier to maneuver as well.
- The kayak is stylish and sleek, and it looks as great as it operates when it’s out on the water.
- The kayak is easy to lift and mount as well as to transport from place to place thanks to its lighter design and its unique shape.
- One of the biggest downsides of this kayak is that it is very difficult to find these days, as it was made over 12 years ago and is no longer sold by the company. If you are looking to buy this kayak, you’ll probably have to buy one secondhand in most instances.
- The kayak may not hold as straight of a course in the water as some other models out there.
- The kayak may not hold up to longer distance stretches in one go, although it can usually work for long distances when split up over several days.
- The lack of storage makes this kayak inefficient for fishing.
Try Old Town Canoe And Kayak Old Town Otter Kayak for Recreational Sport Use
Were you able to learn a little something about the Otter Kayak? This kayak remains one of Old Town’s most popular products, even though it has not been produced by the company in over a decade. Some stores still have new models for sale, but most of the time, you will end up purchasing a used model if you choose to go with this kayak. Keep this in mind when you’re shopping, but remember that used doesn’t necessarily mean bad. You may find a great deal on a kayak that hasn’t been taken out on the water much at all, especially if you take your time and shop around!
But how do you know this kayak is right for you? With so much effort to find one available for purchase, is it really worth it? What type of customer can get the most out of this particular product? Do you fit that type of customer profile at all?
***GET THE OLD TOWN OTTER TODAY: Grab the Old Town Otter in our kayak review feature. Old Town Otter Kayak.
If you’re a beginner, then this is a great kayak to suit your needs. Many beginners love using this kayak and enjoy the ease of maneuverability it offers when in the water. It’s very easy to quickly mount and dismount this kayak, so it’s even more beginner friendly thanks to its overall stability. You’re not too likely to flip over when using this boat, and it’s secure enough to keep passengers safe while paddling in it as well.
Even families with kids can enjoy using this kayak thanks to its stable design. Older kids who can paddle a small kayak on their own will love working with this lightweight and easy-to-use boat. Smaller adults may also find this kayak the perfect solution for their needs, since its lighter design makes it easier to push through the water without as much momentum required.
Overall, there are many different types of customers who can make the most of this kayak. If you’re looking for a great all-purpose kayak that won’t take up a lot of space or be too difficult to move around in the water, you should consider looking for an Otter Kayak. You’ll be glad you did!
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 11:45 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.