Our Choice Recommendation
Have you ever heard of Old Town Kayak?
Did you know they’re one of the most trusted and beloved kayaking companies in the country?
Would you like to find out more about their products and the company itself?
Old Town is one of the most well-known and respected companies in the world of kayaking. They consistently produce some of the best kayaks on the market and pave the way for new innovations as well.
Although they began as a canoe company, Old Town brings decades of heritage and experience to their kayak production too. If you’re looking for a good, solid kayak from a company that cares, check out our favorite Old Towne Kayak products below.
Option #1. Old Town Classic Otter Plus Kayak
The No products found. is one of the most popular models from the Old Town line. This affordable kayak is perfect for beginners and is an extremely stable boat with a traditional, sleek shape and profile.
***TRY OLD TOWN FISHING KAYAKS TODAY: Enjoy Old Town kayaking for fishing in our kayak list collection. Old Town Kayak.
- The kayak comes with a built-in adjustable seat.
- This option is lightweight and easy to transport.
- This kayak is not made anymore, so you have to buy it secondhand if you are looking for one.
- Since the kayak is no longer in the Old Town catalog, finding replacement parts can be difficult as well.
Option #2. Old Town Vapor 10 Recreational Kayak
The Old Town Vapor 10 Recreational Kayak is a good choice for beginners looking for a stable ride. This offer comes in either a warm color gradient or a cool color gradient and features a durable polyethylene design that holds up to plenty of use on calm waters.
- The kayak includes a molded paddle rest as well as a cup holder and tray.
- This choice can hold up to 325 pounds of weight.
- This kayak may be harder to maneuver precisely than some others from Old Town.
- The drain plug is in a poor location that makes cleaning out the kayak more challenging than it should be.
Option #3. Old Town Vapor 10 Angler Fishing Kayak
With the Old Town Vapor 10 Angler Fishing Kayak , you’ll enjoy fishing from your kayak with a few extra bells and whistles to make it even more convenient. This kayak features an adjustable seat and a foot brace to keep you upright and comfortable no matter how long you want to spend fishing.
- The kayak includes rod holders and a cupholder to make your trip even easier.
- This option is sturdy and stable, and it doesn’t tip over very easily.
- The weight limit for this kayak is only 325 pounds, which may not be enough for a lot of fishing gear.
- Paddles are not included with this kayak.
Option #4. Old Town Heron 9XT Kayak
When you’re looking for a small, sleek and easy-to-use kayak for recreational purposes, check out the No products found.. This offer comes in a sunny yellow and orange gradient color and is 9.5 feet long, making it one of the shortest kayaks from the Old Town line.
- This choice is small enough to transport on vehicle roof racks easily.
- The kayak is lightweight but can hold up to 300 pounds.
- There is not a lot of built-in storage on this kayak, as it’s meant for short trips only.
- The seat may not be as comfortable on this kayak as on some others.
Option #5. Old Town Sorrento 106sk Kayak
The Old Town Sorrento 106sk Kayak is one of the most popular and accessible models available from Old Town. This kayak comes in a stylish blue and black gradient color and is built from sturdy polyethylene that holds up well to plenty of use in the water and sun both.
***OLD TOWN SPORTSMAN PDL AND MORE: See the Old Town PDL Sportsman fishing kayak in our review selection. Old Town Fishing Kayak.
- This kayak is short and compact, making it easy to haul and transport.
- The kayak can support up to 300 pounds of weight for recreational or light fishing needs.
- This option may not be well suited to multi-day adventures.
- This kayak can sometimes be difficult to find in stock due to its popularity.
Option #6. Old Town Topwater 106 Angler Fishing Kayak
Choose the Old Town Topwater 106 Angler Fishing Kayak when you’re looking for a sturdy kayak you can use for sit-down or stand-up fishing purposes. This offer includes a breathable mesh seat as well as a deck platform for safe and easy standing.
- This choice is a stable kayak that won’t tip over easily when standing on it.
- The kayak can hold up to 400 pounds.
- This kayak moves slowly in the water and isn’t built for speed.
- The kayak may not be very precise with its movements.
Option #7. Old Town Looksha 17 Touring Kayak
With the No products found., you’ll be ready to explore and take long trips on the water while enjoying nature from the comfort of your kayak. This boat is a trim and lightweight kayak that comes in at just over 17 feet in length, giving it plenty of maneuverability and speed in the water.
- This option can hold up to 375 pounds of weight and includes plenty of storage space.
- The kayak comes in either bright green-yellow or vibrant red.
- This offer is a very large kayak that may be too long to transport on some vehicles.
- The kayak can take some time to learn how to paddle it properly.
Option #8. Old Town Predator XL Kayak
The Old Town Predator XL Kayak is available in either green camo or gray camo and has all the features you need to enjoy a hunting or fishing trip on the water. The kayak comes with a built-in rudder as well as an adjustable seat so you can steer easily and sit comfortably all day long.
- This choice includes rod holders and plenty of storage for gear.
- The kayak is easy to handle on calm waters.
- This kayak isn’t intended for use on rougher waters.
- This option may not support as much weight as some other Old Town products.
Option #9. Old Town Predator MK Fishing Kayak
Choose between a red and black combination or a green camo-style print when you go with the Old Town Predator MK Fishing Kayak . This kayak is fitted with a motor and a rudder to give it a lot more power than most styles of kayaks, all without sacrificing any of the maneuverability and quiet movement you’re looking for.
- This offer comes with a sturdy built-in adjustable seat.
- The kayak can hold up to 600 pounds, so you can easily bring along your fishing gear.
- This kayak doesn’t offer adjustable footrests.
- The kayak may be too large and heavy to haul in some instances.
So, are these very highly recommended kayaks, or is this company one you should pass on? As you can see, there are plenty of choices to consider when you shop with Old Town. But aside from having a large catalog, this company also offers high-quality kayaks that last. Their customer service is excellent, and they care about their products as well as their customers. Keep this in mind when deciding whether or not Old Town is right for you!
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 13:15 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.