Our Best Sit-on-top Recreational Recommendation
- Lightweight and easy to carry with two retractable carrying handles this sit-on-top kayak with an open cockpit...
- Includes a quick lock hatch and a rear tank well with bungee lacing to store all your gear for your trip on the...
- The Multi-Chine flat bottom hull design provides ultra stability and great tracking with a maximum capacity of 325...
What kind of a brand is Pelican?
Do they tend to make superior products?
Is this a good company to choose when you’re looking for a quality sit-on-top kayak?
Pelican is a quality kayaking company that also focuses on paddleboards and canoes. The company also makes some pedal boats and fishing boats, although other types of boats tend to take precedence in their catalog.
All of these offers that come from Pelican are top-quality and tend to be some of the best and most widely recommended on the market any given time. They have several different styles of kayaks and other boats to choose from, and even if you’re looking for accessories, parts, or other add-on items, you may be able to find these as well from the same brand name.
***GET PELICAN SPORT RECREATIONAL KAYAKS: Paddle with Pelican Sport in our recreational and fishing selection. Pelican Kayak.
In this article, we’ll be focusing solely on the sit-on-top styles of kayaks available from Pelican. These kayaks come in a variety of different shapes and sizes as well as colors so you can choose everything you want and more out of your new boat.
No matter what type of sit-on-top kayak you may be looking for, you’re sure to be able to find it when you shop with Pelican.
***PELICAN SPORT 100X ANGLER REVIEW: Paddle with Pelican's 100X Angler fishing kayak in our kayaking review feature. Pelican Fishing Kayak.
Check out the information about the best Pelican sit on top kayak options we’ve gathered for you below, and use it to help you find your new favorite piece of equipment for those days when the water is calling.
Option #1. Pelican Sit on Top Fishing Kayak
The Pelican Sit on Top Fishing Kayak is a durable but light kayak that a single person can easily carry alone, without assistance. This choice features built-in carrying handles for even more efficient transportation and plenty of space for storage, including a storage hatch, bag, and platform as well. With plenty of handy accessories and useful safety features including a tie-down for paddles and a bottle holder for drinks, you’ll be ready to face a day or more of fishing without having to worry when you choose this kayak.
- This option is capable of holding up to 325 pounds of weight including the passenger and any gear brought along as well.
- This offer comes with a built-in fishing rod holder that can swivel as well as stationary flush rod holders so you can easily fish the way you want to, when you want to.
- Although this option states it is meant to come with a seat cushion, some items may arrive missing the seat cushion entirely.
- The included seat is not very comfortable overall and some customers recommend replacing it sooner rather than later after receiving the kayak.
Option #2. Pelican Solo Sit on Top Youth Kayak
When you want to bring the kids along for a day of fun and adventure, you may be interested in the Pelican Solo Sit on Top Youth Kayak . This is the perfect beginner kayak for kids who are interested in this type of recreation. This is a self-bailing kayak, which means it contains drain holes to allow water to flow out if it happens to splash inside. The self-bailing style as well as the durable molded plastic design combine to make this a safe and easy-to-use kayak that’s sure to encourage children to learn more about paddling. Enjoy your time as a family when you bring your child along in one of these kayaks!
- This kayak comes in three different colors—bright red, vivid blue, and sunny yellow—so your child can pick their favorite.
- This choice can hold up to 100 pounds of weight, so your child can continue using it as long as they don’t exceed the weight limit.
- This option may not have enough sitting space for bigger kids to remain comfortable, so your child might outgrow it in terms of height before weight.
- This offer may not last as long as the adult kayaks from this company and may become damaged or sun-faded sooner.
Option #3. Pelican Prime 100 Sit on Top Recreational Kayak
If you prefer a kayak that can help you get out there and explore instead of a fishing-style sit-on-top kayak, try the Pelican Prime 100 Sit on Top Recreational Kayak and see for yourself why it’s such a good choice. This kayak comes in a stylish yellow gradient and white combination with gray and orange accents. This choice can hold up to 325 pounds of weight between the passenger and gear, and it includes adjustable footrests for comfort while paddling. The seat and backrest are adjustable, too, so you can keep yourself in an ergonomic and safe position throughout your adventure.
- This option features built-in bungee cord on top of a storage platform so you can bring along items and gear you may need and keep them within easy reach.
- This offer is a very stable kayak that’s great for beginners or anyone who feels a little nervous about the less-stable design of some others.
- Although the seat is adjustable, some customers feel the included seat is too uncomfortable and should be replaced in order to make this kayak more functional.
- The kayak doesn’t come in any other color choices, so anyone who isn’t interested in the yellow and white may not be pleased with the appearance.
Try the Best Sit-on-top Kayaks From Pelican Sports Today
As you can see, you don’t have to be too limited when you’re looking for a sit-on-top kayak. And if you want to stick with the Pelican brand name, you can easily find all sorts of high-quality options to choose from. These kayaks are all made of durable materials and are built to last, and they’re sure to keep you enjoying your time outdoors and on the water for many years to come.
But what if you aren’t sure how to make the most of this type of kayak? Whether you’re new to the world of kayaking or you just haven’t ever really used this specific style before, you may not be sure what you’re supposed to do with it.
If this sounds like you, here are a few suggestions for activities you may want to try with this specific style of kayak:
- Fishing: It’s easy to cast a line from a sit-on-top kayak, and this style is nice for lighter and shorter fishing trips.
- Exploration: If you love to paddle and discover new places at the same time, this type of kayak is a great choice.
- Beginners: These kayaks are stable and easy to mount and dismount. For this reason, they’re ideal for beginners.
- Kids: Kids may enjoy stopping their paddling to hop off the kayak and swim a while before climbing back on again.
- Warmer climates: Since you will get wet using this type of kayak, they’re best for warm water.
Of course, you may be able to enjoy your experience using a sit-on-top kayak even if the above list doesn’t apply to you. Just remember that, depending on how you’re planning to use your kayak, there may be better styles out there for you. Take your time, research what you’re looking for, and go into your shopping experience armed with plenty of information. And if you decide to go with a sit-on-top after all, remember Pelican is a great company to choose.
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 12:05 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.