Our Top Perception Watercrafts Recommendation:
Pescador Pro 12.0
Have you ever wondered what a fishing watercraft really is?
Or do you want to know how it might differ from a regular boat?
Are you looking for a fishing paddlecraft for yourself or your family?
A fishing watercraft is, more or less, just what it sounds like: a boat that is optimized for fishing. But if you’re new to the world of kayaking, you may not be aware of just how many differences there are between different styles of boats. Here are some of the features you may see in a fishing paddlecraft:
- Fishing paddlecrafts often have built-in rod holders. These are usually in the form of a plastic clip or ring, but they may come in other styles as well.
- These watercrafts usually have easier mounting capabilities to make hauling them on your vehicle a quicker and smoother process.
- Fishing boats usually come with plenty of storage space for gear, tackle, and other must-have items you’re likely to bring along for a full day of fishing. In the same vein, these paddlecrafts usually have a higher weight limit to support passenger and gear both.
- Some fishing watercrafts may have a rudder, but not always.
- Fishing boats, in some rare instances, have pontoon attachments. This is a lot more common in fishing canoes, however, but can be seen every now and then in paddlecrafts.
- Watercrafts meant for fishing are usually a little bit lighter and easier to handle in the water than some other types of boats, but not as smooth and efficient overall as those meant for handling rough or choppy waters.
Now that you’ve learned a little more about what you’ll be looking at, it’s time to check out some of the fishing watercraft options you have to choose from. Read on to find the perfect Perception fishing boat for your needs.
Option #1. Perception Sound 10.5 Sit Inside Paddlecraft
The Perception Sound 10.5 Sit Inside Watercraft is a colorful and exciting boat that’s sure to turn heads and earn some attention everywhere you go. This offer comes in well under budget for many customers and is an ideal first paddlecraft for those learning how to paddle from sitting inside instead of on top of the boat. This watercraft features a three-layer hull with smooth and easy steering as well as a sturdy build that holds up well to its intended use in calmer waters. When you’re looking for a starter boat to get you out and exploring on the water, you can’t go wrong with this choice.
- The paddlecraft comes in five different bold and vibrant colors that are sure to suit any paddler’s preferences.
- The watercraft features an ergonomic seat design with an adjustable backrest as well as adjustable footrests so any body type or size can enjoy boating comfortably.
- This boat doesn’t move very quickly in the water, and since it’s made for slow and calm waters, it may not be ideal for every type of kayaking situation.
- Newer models of this paddlecraft may not come with the paddle holder included, although older models will come with this feature built in.
Option #2. Perception Pescador Pro 12 Sit on Top Fishing Watercraft
Available in six different unique color gradient choices, the Perception Pescador Pro 12 Sit on Top Fishing Boat is perfect for anyone just getting started in the world of fishing from a paddlecraft. This watercraft comes with all the features you need to enjoy your time on the water, and it’s not overly complicated, making it perfect for beginners. Of course, advanced paddlers can enjoy using this durable boat too, and its long-lasting construction and comfortable design is sure to please anyone who might use it, no matter how much experience they’ve had with fishing paddlecrafts in the past.
- This boat includes an ergonomic and breathable mesh seat with adjustable options.
- The paddlecraft has lots of built-in storage in the front and rear for convenience on the go.
- The seat may need to be replaced sooner than anything else on the watercraft, as it wears out quickly.
- This choice may arrive missing some pieces rarely.
Option #3. Perception Pescador Pilot 12 Sit on Top Fishing Boat
Choose the Perception Pescador Pilot 12 Sit on Top Fishing Paddlecraft for a slightly larger and different take on the Pro 12. This watercraft includes a pedal system that can be used optionally when you’re on the go, and it also features plenty of built-in storage just like the other version of this model. This option is available in the same six color options and is just as comfortable and efficient for beginners, with a few extra bells and whistles that may appeal to advanced kayakers as well.
- This boat comes with built-in rod holders as well as a fish finder console area.
- The mesh seat is breathable and easy to adjust between a couple of different positions for maximum comfort on the water.
- This offer is an extremely heavy paddlecraft that may need to be moved with a cart rather than hauled by hand.
- There is not as much dry storage available on this watercraft as there is on the other, similar model from the same company.
Try Perception Watercrafts For Fishing Today
Did you find a boat that will suit you or your family’s needs? It may take a little while to find the perfect fishing paddlecraft, and it’s important to make a list of features you’re looking for before you begin to help narrow down the choices. Many fishing boats have many different features, so if you want something specific, this can help you a lot in the long run.
But why should you go with Perception specifically? Is there really a big difference between Perception and other brands? Here are some of the features that make Perception paddlecrafts stand out among their competitors:
- One of the reasons customers flock to Perception to begin with is the flashy appearance and colorful design of most of their watercrafts. These boats are very aesthetically pleasing and are sure to grab the attention of anyone, whether beginner or not.
- These paddlecrafts are made with kayakers in mind from start to finish. They are built from durable materials that hold up well to use but are still lightweight enough to transport, usually without the assistance of anyone else.
- Most of the watercrafts from this company are designed with ergonomic support to help protect your back, neck, knees, and shoulders. Not every model comes with ergonomic features, but most of them do.
- There’s plenty of storage available on Perception boats, whether you’re choosing one of the fishing-specific models or not. If you’re looking for a watercraft that doesn’t neglect storage capabilities, you can’t go wrong working with this brand.
- Finally, these paddlecrafts are affordable and feature competitive prices. They aren’t cheaply made, but they are easy to fit into most boat purchasing budgets, and therefore they’re a good place for beginners to start.
In the end, you may find a paddlecraft from another brand that works better for you—and that’s okay! Just keep in mind that it’s a god idea to consider Perception when you’re looking at all your shopping options. These are quality watercrafts that continue to please customers and are sure to make a difference in your boating experience, too.
5 Tips for Choosing the Best Perception Fish Boat
- Choose a paddlecraft that is designed for fishing, as these are typically wider and more stable than recreational boats.
- Look for a watercraft with plenty of storage space, including compartments and hatches to store your gear.
- Consider the weight capacity of the boat when selecting one. Make sure it can handle your weight plus any additional gear you plan to bring along.
- Think about how you will transport the paddlecraft. If you plan to use a car or truck, make sure it fits in the vehicle and that you have all necessary straps and tie-downs.
- Test out different models before making your purchase. This will help ensure that you find the best fit for your needs.
ALSO: Look into purchasing accessories such as rod holders, fish finders, and paddles to enhance your fishing experience!
Helpful Information For Readers
These paddling watercrafts are a great option for anglers who want to enjoy a day of fishing on the water. They provide excellent stability, flexibility, and storage space for all of your equipment. These paddling boats make it simple to get to places that are difficult for other boats to access. Additionally, they are lightweight and simple to move from one location to another. The best thing is that you can select the ideal boat for your needs because these boats are available in a range of sizes and designs. These practical paddlecrafts offer the ideal setting for a productive day on the water, whether you're a novice or seasoned angler. These boating boats make it simple to be comfortable while enjoying your time on the water thanks to their exceptional design features like adjustable footrests, cozy seating positions, and plenty of storage space.
Usage Application Ideas: What Are They Good For?
There are three main uses for these watercrafts. They are first and foremost made to give anglers a safe and comfortable trip. This is accomplished by adopting a wide hull design that aids in maintaining boat stability and offers lots of space for equipment and tackle. Second, because of their low profile and slim form, they are also excellent for navigating in shallow waters. These characteristics make them ideal for exploring rivers, creeks, and other small areas where larger boats might not fit. Last but not least, these boats have extra features like rod holders, storage spaces, and even livewells that make them perfect for fishing excursions. With all of these benefits combined, it's simple to understand why anglers seeking a fun and successful day on the water continue to favor these practical paddlecrafts.
The Downsides: What To Expect
Despite the numerous advantages of these paddling watercrafts, there are a few disadvantages to keep in mind. They might be fairly pricey, to start. You can wind up shelling out several thousand dollars for a single paddlecraft, depending on the model and amenities you select. Due to their bigger size and strengthened construction, these boats typically weigh more than other watercraft kinds. They are therefore challenging to move around and manoeuvre in confined locations or in shallow water. Before making a buying selection, it's crucial to investigate several models and compare prices to handle these drawbacks. Purchasing a suitable trailer or cart can also make moving your boat much simpler. Finally, if weight is a concern for you, search for models that are constructed from lighter materials like carbon fiber or kevlar, which will help lower the overall weight without compromising durability or performance.
What Considerations Should Be Used To Evaluate Them?
The most important quantitative factors to take into account when comparing these paddlecraft boats are stability, speed, maneuverability, storage capacity, and comfort. Anglers who need to stand up while fishing need stability; those who want to travel farther and faster need speed; those who need to maneuver through tight spaces need maneuverability; those who need to bring along all of their equipment need storage capacity; and those who want to spend more time on the water need comfort. To establish which of these paddlecrafts delivers the best overall performance, all of these elements should be considered when contrasting them with their rivals.
First-hand Usage Experience: What To Expect
When planning to get out on the water, fishermen might consider these watercrafts. They provide stability, flexibility, and a ton of storage for all of your equipment. Popular model, the Perception Pescador Pro 12, features an adjustable seat and footrests, rod holders, and a big tankwell for storing coolers or tackle boxes. Additionally, it has two bow and stern flush-mounted rod holders so you can keep your rods near by when fishing. The hull's v-shaped bottom helps it easily cut through the water, making it perfect for crossing rivers and lakes. Additionally, it is simple to move from one location to another thanks to its lightweight design. The Perception Pescador Pro 12 is a great option for any fisherman looking to step up their fishing game thanks to its sturdy build and clever design elements.
The standard guidelines for using various types of boats are as follows: First, make sure you have all the appropriate safety gear, including a whistle and a life jacket. The seat and foot pegs should then be adjusted to your preferred position. Third, affix any extras to the watercraft, including rod holders or fish finders. Fourth, before launching, make sure that all of the hatches are shut tightly. Fifth, launch your boat into the broad ocean and begin fishing! When you've finished fishing for the day, remember to clean out your paddlecraft before getting back in. You may use a perception fishing watercraft safely and with pleasure by following these instructions.
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 21:04 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.