Our Choice Recommendation
- Adjustable seatback positioning for personalized fit and comfort
- Center molded-in seat for a child, pet or paddling solo
- Quick-adjust footrests accommodate paddlers of all sizes
Are you looking for some of the best tandem kayaks on the market?
Or are you not quite sure what a tandem kayak really is?
Do you want to find out more and learn about a company that can help you reach all your kayaking goals?
A tandem kayak is a kayak that is built for two people to use together instead of just one. These kayaks feature two seats in single-file style and are larger than traditional one-person kayaks, too. They are designed to remain balanced with two people sharing control of the paddling.
***PERCEPTION SIT ON TOP KAYAKS FOR FISHING: See sit on top fishing kayaks like the Tribe and the Pescador in our Perception collection. Perception Kayak.
If you’re thinking of buying a kayak—whether tandem or not—you may want to consider the Perception kayak brand. This company specializes in kayaks and creates unique, aesthetically pleasing boats that do their job well when they’re in the water.
These kayaks are made from durable materials that hold up well to a lot of use as well as exposure to water and the elements. They come from a company that cares about its customers and prides itself on customer satisfaction, too.
***TOP KAYAKS FROM PERCEPTION: See the top tandem kayaks from Perception in our kayaking list. Perception Tandem Kayak.
Of course, if you’re looking specifically for a tandem kayak, Perception has you covered there as well. This company offers several high-quality options to choose from in the world of tandem kayaking.
Read through the article below to check out some of the best Perception tandem kayak options. We’ve gathered all the basic info you need to know about these boats to make it easier than ever to choose which one is right for you.
Option #1. Perception Pescador Sit on Top Tandem Kayak
Available in either a cool blue gradient or a warm orange and yellow, the Perception Pescador Sit on Top Tandem Kayak is a great starter kayak for any tandem team. This choice features two spacious seats with adjustable backs so both passengers can be as comfortable as possible, and it also includes a built-in molded plastic third seat so you can bring along a dog or a child. This is a high-quality all-around kayak that’s perfect for many different styles of use, and it’s easy to learn how to paddle even without prior tandem experience, too.
***PERCEPTION REPLACEMENT PARTS: Pick up Perception kayak accesories in our replacement accessory parts selection. Perception Kayak Accessories.
- With both passengers and gear (or a child or dog) included, the kayak can support up to 500 pounds of weight with no issues.
- The middle seat can also be used for solo paddling for those times when you want a little kayaking experience to yourself.
- This option doesn’t come with any additional accessories, bonus gear, or any other items other than the kayak itself, so it may not be as convenient for beginners as some others on the market because of this.
- The kayak weighs 70 pounds and may be too heavy for individuals to carry by themselves.
Option #2. Perception Tribe Sit on Top Tandem Kayak
The Perception Tribe Sit on Top Tandem Kayak is an easy and convenient kayak perfect for newcomers to paddling or those who are more experienced. This kayak comes in three different cool color gradients in shades of purple, green, and blue. The boat is a sit-on-top design that provides more balance and easier paddling than a sit-inside kayak, so it’s ideal for those who aren’t quite skilled or haven’t had many paddling adventures before. With two built-in adjustable seats that include plenty of padding, this is a comfortable kayak you’ll be happy to paddle all day during your next big outdoor adventure.
- The kayak can support up to 500 pounds of weight between both passengers and any gear or other items that may be brought along using the ample storage space.
- The kayak includes adjustable footrests to make it easier for paddlers to enjoy their time comfortably, regardless of height.
- Very rarely, this option has been known to arrive damaged or even with a hole in the hull, although the company will work with customers to replace any damaged items if this should occur.
- This offer doesn’t come with any additional items, so you’ll have to be sure to purchase everything separately when you choose it.
Option #3. Perception Cove Sit Inside Tandem Kayak
If you prefer the sit-inside style of kayak instead of the sit-on-top version, you may want to go with the Perception Cove Sit Inside Tandem Kayak instead. This choice is designed with two built-in ergonomic seats to keep both paddlers comfortable from start to finish. The seats sit low in the kayak and offer plenty of additional back support as well as knee and thigh protection for both passengers. This kayak comes in one blue and green gradient color option and features gray and black accents throughout, giving it a fun and adventurous appearance that’s perfect for the beach.
- This kayak can hold a little bit more weight than the other two on the list, coming in at 550 pounds between passengers and gear.
- The kayak has plenty of room for comfort as well as storage, so it can be used for multi-day adventures for those with more experience paddling.
- This option is a large and heavy product that may be difficult to carry and transport and may require a lot of space for storage.
- The front seat doesn’t have as much space to adjust as the back, so it may be a little less comfortable than some of the others on the list.
Try 2-Person Tandem Perception Kayaks For Recreation Today
Now that you’ve had a chance to check out what Perception has to offer, you may be ready to rush right out and buy your new tandem kayak. But, on the other hand, you may still have some questions. What really makes a tandem kayak great? How do you know you’re getting a good product when you choose Perception? Are these kayaks more popular because of their stylish designs, or do they really have a lot to offer a paddler in terms of functionality and features, too?
When you’re shopping for a kayak, you should always pick the one that will work best for your needs. Whether you choose to go with Perception in the end or not, here are some suggestions to help you choose the best tandem kayak:
- Choose whether you want a sit-on-top or a sit-inside style kayak. Remember to take the skill level of both paddlers into consideration. Choose a sit-on-top style if both paddlers are beginners or if one is very nervous about paddling, since this style has more balance.
- If you need a kayak with a lot of storage, look for a larger one with hidden storage compartments.
- Pay attention to the weight limit of tandem kayaks to ensure it won’t be exceeded between passengers and gear.
- Pick a kayak that has an ergonomically-friendly design for the seat, backrest, and any footrests that may be present, too.
Take your time considering the kayaks above to determine which of their features mean the most to you, and which one has cons you’re okay living with. And remember, these are all great quality products that come from a company that cares about its service, so you can’t go wrong when you choose one of the kayaks listed above. Bring one home today and get out on the water with a friend or family member right away!
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 13:07 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.