Our Choice Recommendation
- Live it up and enjoy the ride in this lifestyle-inspired recreational kayak - Made in USA
- Comfortable, adjustable seat with thick, ventilated padding
- Adjustable footrests accommodate paddlers of multiple sizes
What is Perception Kayak?
What kinds of products or services do they offer?
Are they online only, or do they exist in the real world as well?
Perception Kayak is a company that focuses on the production of kayaks, including many different shapes and sizes. Although they do also produce accessories, parts, and related items, kayaks are their specialty, and Perception’s kayaks are high-quality, durable items built to last.
Perception Kayaks are available for purchase through the company’s online store. They do not have their own physical stores, but they are also available for sale in many outdoor and sporting goods stores around the world.
You can check the Perception web site to find information about whether or not any of their products are available at any stores local to you.
If you’re looking for some Perception kayaks to get you out on the water, we’ve got you covered. Below, we’ve gathered information about seven of the best Perception products from the company’s catalog. You can check out and compare pros and cons as well as features and benefits that come with each of these kayak models.
Read on to find some Perception kayak reviews to help you get started shopping.
Option #1. Perception Zip 9.5
The Perception Zip 9.5 is one of the smallest and speediest of the Perception kayak line. It’s stable, lightweight, and easy to use for beginners, and it’s ready to use in calm waters for fishing and exploration right away.
- This choice comes in camo, green and blue, or orange and yellow.
- This option includes molded carrying handles for convenient transportation.
- This offer may be too small for some passengers.
- There are no extras included with this offer, despite being pictured with some.
Option #2. Perception Rambler 9.5 Sit on Top Kayak
Choose the Perception Rambler 9.5 Sit on Top Kayak when you need a lightweight single-person kayak for quick adventures on calm waters. This kayak comes with plenty of built-in storage and drink holders to make your day out on the water a convenient one.
- This choice comes in three different color options.
- The seat back can be adjusted for more comfort.
- The carrying handles may be prone to breaking.
- This option may arrive with damage and aesthetic issues due to poor shipping and company storage in rare instances.
Option #3. Perception Tribe 9.5 Sit on Top Kayak
With the Perception Tribe 9.5 Sit on Top Kayak , you can enjoy the comfort and easy use of one of the Perception company’s most popular kayaks. This kayak comes in several different unique color combinations and features two different seat styles for passengers to choose from. This offer includes adjustable footrests so any passenger can fit comfortably within the seat space.
- This choice includes room for lots of storage at the front and back of the boat.
- This option is an extremely stable and easy-to-use kayak beginners are sure to love.
- In rare instances, the kayak may arrive damaged or broken.
- This offer may be difficult to drain, even though it is supposed to self-drain.
Option #4. Perception Joyride 12 Sit Inside Kayak
Consider the Perception Joyride 12 Sit Inside Kayak when you want six different exciting color combinations to pick from along with plenty of functionality, too. This choice includes an adjustable seat back and padded cushioning on the seat itself, as well as adjustable footrests for paddlers of all sizes. This option even comes with a built-in drink holder!
- This kayak can be used in calm surf as well as in the ocean on days when the water isn’t too choppy.
- This offer can support up to 350 pounds of combined weight.
- This choice is a larger twelve-foot kayak that may be tough to carry, transport, and store.
- This kayak may be more challenging to handle than some others from Perception, so it may not work well for beginners.
Option #5. Perception Hi Life 11 Sit on Top Kayak
The Perception Hi Life 11 Sit on Top Kayak is an exciting and unique kayak that can also be used as a stand up paddleboard. Either sit on top and paddle it like you would a kayak or stand on it and paddle as an SUP with a child or dog along for the ride.
- The boat can support up to 280 pounds of combined weight.
- It’s easy to get in and out of this boat, even for beginners.
- This option is heavy and may be tricky for single-person carrying.
- The elevated seat style may be uncomfortable for some paddlers.
Option #6. Perception Cove Sit Inside Tandem Kayak
For a quality tandem kayak experience, try the Perception Cove Sit Inside Tandem Kayak . This kayak only comes in one color combination but is designed for exceptional balance and ease of use with two tandem paddlers. Featuring built-in adjustable seats and lots of room for knees and thighs, this is a comfortable kayak for both individuals.
- There is plenty of storage built into this kayak, including bungee cord storage.
- The kayak can be converted to a single-person kayak with a little bit of effort.
- The front seat doesn’t adjust as far as the back.
- This offer is large and may be difficult to transport.
Option #7. Perception Pescador Pilot 12
The Perception Pescador Pilot 12 is the most popular Perception product on our list today. This is a fishing kayak that is rugged and durable enough to last for years of fishing excursions. Although it isn’t really intended for use in rough ocean waters, it can be used on almost any other type of water with ease. Enjoy the extra storage and paddle mounts included with this design.
- This choice can be used seated or standing thanks to the sit-on-top design.
- The kayak can support up to 475 pounds of combined weight.
- This option has been known to arrive damaged in some instances.
- Rarely, some customers may receive the old model when trying to order the new model of this kayak.
So what do you think? Is this really a recommended company? Do they have kayaks you should consider investing in? Or do they have any kayaks you’re interested in at all?
Overall, Perception is a great kayak company to work with. They’ve been around for four decades and aren’t going anywhere anytime soon! They know what they’re doing when it comes to kayaks, and this company cares about its products as well as its customers. We highly recommend Perception, and so do its happy paddlers.
If you’re looking for a kayak to help you as a beginner or you want something that can keep you going strong in your intermediate or advanced paddling skills, look no further than the Perception company and the quality kayaks listed above. These are all good choices and, although some have different strengths than others, they are sure to please just about any paddler, too.
Choose one of the kayaks from our list above to see for yourself just what a difference Perception’s quality and commitment to kayaks really makes. When you bring home one of these boats, you’ll be outfitting yourself with a product you can use again and again for years to come during all your best watery excursions.
5 Tips for Picking the Perfect Kayak From Perception
- Choose a kayak that fits your size and weight. Make sure you can comfortably fit in the cockpit and that the kayak is stable enough to support your weight.
- Consider the type of water you will be paddling in. Different types of kayaks are designed for different types of water, so make sure you choose one that is suitable for your environment.
- Think about what type of features you need. Do you want a sit-on-top or sit-in kayak? Do you need extra storage space? Are there any other features that would be beneficial to have?
- Research different brands and models. Read reviews from other paddlers to get an idea of which kayaks are best suited for your needs.
- Test out different models before making a purchase. This will give you a better idea of how each model handles on the water and which one is right for you.
ALSO: Consider renting a paddle craft before buying one! This way, you can test it out without having to commit to purchasing it.
More Info For Readers
If you want to explore the outdoors in a fun and exciting way, these kayaks are a great choice. They are great for paddling for fun because they are stable, easy to move around, and comfortable. Because they are small and light, they are easy to move from one place to another. There are also features like adjustable footrests, backrests, and storage spaces that make these products even more useful. Also, they come in different sizes and colors, so you can find the one that fits your needs best. Whether you want to have an adventure on the lake or just relax on the river, they offer a fun time that will make you want to come back for more.
Ideas for Effective Use: What Can They Be Used For?
These kayaks may be used in three ways. The first is for leisure paddling. They are easy to navigate and manage due to their design, making them ideal for novices or those wishing to explore new seas. Second, they're fantastic for fishing. The spacious, open cockpit lets you to move freely when casting your line, and the adjustable foot pegs add added stability while standing up to cast. Finally, these kayaks are fantastic for traveling. They feature lots of storage capacity for all of your belongings and are lightweight enough to transfer from one location to another. These kayaks are an excellent alternative for anybody wishing to get out on the water and explore the world around them because of their versatility and ease of usage.
The Disadvantages: What To Expect
Even though there are many good things about these products, there are also some bad things to think about. First, they can cost a lot of money. Not only do you have to pay for the kayak itself, but you also have to pay for paddles and life jackets if you want them. Also, because of how they are made and what they are made of, these kayaks tend to be heavier than other types. This makes it hard to move and store them if you don't have a big car or a lot of storage space. There are ways to get around these cons, though. For example, buying used paddling gear can help you save a lot of money without sacrificing performance. Also, buying paddles and other accessories that are light can help make up for the weight of the kayak itself when moving it from place to place. Lastly, you can keep your perception kayak in a safe place when it's not in use by renting a storage unit or finding a place outside with enough shade.
What Guidelines Should Be Used To Evaluate Them?
The top quantitative metrics for evaluating these items are stability, speed, maneuverability, and weight. The stability of a kayak is determined by how effectively it can manage turbulent waters and waves without tipping over or swaying excessively. The speed of a kayak is measured by how swiftly it can go through the water with minimum effort from the paddler. The ease with which it can turn and negotiate tight places determines its maneuverability. Finally, weight is considered to assess how easy it is to move and carry. All of these aspects must be considered while considering whether kayaking perspective is optimal for a given scenario.
Overall Usage Experience: What You Need To Know
If you want to get out on the water, these products are a great choice. They are stable, easy to move, and comfortable, all while being light. There is something for everyone in their wide range of sizes and styles. The hull is made so that it tracks well and goes fast, but you can still turn quickly when you need to. The position of the seat is comfortable and makes paddling easy. They also have a lot of room for all your gear, which makes them great for long trips or camping trips that last more than one night. They are also easy to move around because they are light and can be loaded onto most vehicles with little effort. Overall, these kayaks are a great option for anyone who wants to get out on the water.
In general, here's how to use these types of kayaks: First, make sure you have everything you need to stay safe, like a life jacket and a whistle. Next, make sure your kayak is inflated correctly and that all of its parts are attached well. Third, change the seat and footrests so they fit your body and make you feel comfortable. Fourth, practice paddling in shallow water before going out into deeper water. Fifth, use the right technique when paddling to be as effective and in control as possible. Last, have fun going to new places with your kayak. Using a perception kayak to explore rivers or lakes is easy if you remember these simple steps.
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 21:04 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.