Our Choice Recommendation
- KEY FEATURES | 1-person sit on top fishing kayak - 11ft 62lbs fishing kayak that offers best of speed and stability
- MOUNT FOR ACCESSORIES | Includes 2 flush-mount rod holders and 4 integrated gear tracks for customized rigging
- OPTIMUM CONTROL | Pre-installed toe controlled rudder system saves your energy during long paddles, windy days, and...
Are you looking for a new fishing kayak?
Do you find yourself leaning toward the sit on top style of kayak?
Would you like to find out more about why this type of kayak is a good, solid choice for fishing?
A sit-on-top style of fishing kayak may be the best choice for many anglers out there. Here are a few reasons to consider a sit on top fishing kayak yourself:
- If you’re a beginner to kayak fishing, sit-on-top kayaks are easier to use and operate.
- Sit-on-top fishing kayaks tend to be lighter weight and easier to transport and store than sit-in fishing kayaks.
- With a sit-on-top fishing kayak, you can get out on the water fast and take your time enjoying yourself. Thanks to their maneuverability, you don’t have to worry too much while you’re out fishing, and you don’t have to overexert yourself paddling, either.
Check out our list below to find the best fit for you!
***BUY THE BEST KAYAKS FOR SALE TODAY: Buy the best kayaks for sale in our list collection. Kayak For Sale.
Option #1. Pelican Sit-on-Top Fishing Kayak
Bring home the Pelican Sit-on-Top Fishing Kayak to enjoy all the basics and more! This kayak features built-in handles for transportation and a lightweight design for easy paddling. It’s also fitted with both angled and flush mount rod holders as well as an extra-padded seat and seatback, so you can enjoy both comfort and convenience while you’re fishing.
- The kayak can support up to 325 pounds of weight.
- The kayak includes two closing storage hatches as well as a bungee cord storage space on the deck.
- There is no cupholder on this kayak although it may be shown in some of the photos.
- The seat may still need a cushion upgrade, despite being well padded.
Option #2. Perception Pescador Pro 10 Sit on Top Fishing Kayak
The Perception Pescador Pro 10 Sit on Top Fishing Kayak comes in six different unique color gradients to help you stand out or blend in, depending on what you’re going for. This kayak is smaller than some of the others on the market, coming in at ten feet in length, but it still packs a punch and offers plenty of features to keep you comfortable, too.
- The kayak is ideal for beginners and includes a comfortable seat.
- There’s plenty of space to modify and install fishfinders and more on this boat.
- This offer may not be as stable as some of the others on the list.
- This choice has been known to arrive scratched and damaged.
Option #3. Elkton Outdoors Tandem Fishing Kayak
For a unique and colorful option, try the Elkton Outdoors Tandem Fishing Kayak . This kayak comes in camo, gray and black stripes, or orange and black stripes, so you can find a look that works well for you. With lots of built-in storage space, this kayak is sure to make your fishing trip even easier than ever before.
- Although it’s designed as a tandem, it’s possible to paddle this kayak alone if you want to bring along a child, a pet, or extra gear.
- The kayak can support up to 650 pounds.
- This kayak may flip over easily.
- It can be difficult to get in touch with customer service regarding this choice.
Option #4. Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost Sit on Top Fishing Kayak
When you go with the Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost Sit on Top Fishing Kayak , you’ll enjoy the comfort and style of this simple but effective kayak. The kayak comes in five different color gradients and offers a comfortable folding seat and a foot-controlled rudder system, too. The rudder is already installed, so you can start using it right out of the box.
- This option includes plenty of storage on deck and some hatch-style storage, too.
- The boat weighs only 62 pounds itself, so it’s easy to transport.
- The storage space may be difficult to reach while sitting in the kayak.
- The kayak may become scratched easily.
Option #5. Bonafide Ultimate Sit on Top Fishing Kayak
Choose the Bonafide Ultimate Sit on Top Fishing Kayak for a durable and sturdy option that’s ready to use as soon as you receive it. The kayak includes a lawn chair style seat strapped onto the top, and it’s designed to track well and remain easy to maneuver as you sit on the extra-high seat and paddle from your vantage point.
- There is enough storage on this kayak for most day anglers to use comfortably.
- The kayak is durable and holds up well to exposure to the elements.
- The kayak isn’t intended for faster water and may not stay very stable when used in water with a quick current.
- The kayak may move more slowly in the water than some others.
Did you find a kayak you love, or are you still a little unsure which one to purchase? All of these choices on the list above are good options made with high-quality materials, but some of them may not have all the bells and whistles you’re looking for. On the other hand, if you’re a beginner or a very casual angler, you may searching for a kayak that doesn’t have many extra features and can simply get you out on the water in a short amount of time.
Whichever type of kayak you need, choose a sit-on-top fishing kayak to give yourself a chance to paddle comfortably and fish easily. Regardless of the kayak you pick, you may also be able to add customizable item options onto the boat as time goes on. Once you see which items you may need, you can learn more about customizing your kayak from there.
So how can you get your sit-on-top kayak ready for fishing? What are some items, gear, and accessories you should bring or consider installing before your trip? Here are a few add-ons and must-haves to remember:
- Fishfinder: Consider adding a fishfinder to your angling kayak. Most kayaks don’t come with this item already installed, although some very high-end ones might. There are multiple types of fishfinders, so take your time picking the one that works for you.
- GPS: Some anglers also attach a waterproof GPS to their kayak, or bring one along just in case. This can give you an easy-to-follow map any time you need it, as long as you charge it ahead of time.
- Motor: Some sit-on-top kayaks can be used with a trolling motor, while others cannot. If you want to use one on your kayak, be sure to choose a style that is compatible with a trolling motor mount, and remember you’ll need to purchase and install this item on your own as well.
- Bait, tackle, and other fishing necessities: Bring along all your fishing gear in the storage compartments available on your kayak. Remember that you should choose a kayak with dry storage if you want to bring anything that shouldn’t get wet along for the ride.
- Personal flotation device (PFD): Everyone on board a kayak must have a personal flotation device. A life jacket is the best choice for most passengers—including yourself!
When you’ve chosen the right kayak and gotten it equipped and ready to go, you’ll be on your way to a relaxing and enjoyable fishing trip in no time!
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 21:04 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.