Our Choice Recommendation
- Great for lakes and rivers and to get to those excluded fishing spots
- Lightweight, easy to carry
- Tracks and paddles with ease while offering maximum stability
What is the Sun Dolphin kayak company like?
Do they make other products besides just kayaks?
Why do customers come back again and again to buy Sun Dolphin kayak products?
Sun Dolphin is a well-known and beloved brand name in the kayaking world. This company also produces other items, including fishing boats, pedal boats, canoes, dinghies, paddleboards, and accessories for all of these types of watercraft.
Among the kayaks offered by this company, customers can find recreational and fishing kayaks. Both product lines offer unique strengths and weaknesses, and each one brings something a little different to the table.
***LIFETIME TAMARACK ANGLER KAYAKS & MORE: See the Lifetime Tamarack Angler for fishing and more in our review collection. Lifetime Kayak.
If you’re thinking of buying a kayak or if you’re looking to upgrade from your existing kayak, you may have taken a look at Sun Dolphin already. Here are a few facts about Sun Dolphin:
- This brand is a popular choice, especially among beginners and intermediate paddlers who still may have a little bit to learn about the kayaking experience.
- Sun Dolphin kayaks are usually made of lightweight, durable materials that make it easier to steer them. For this reason, they work well for those who are learning how to paddle.
- Since the price point isn’t too high, these options are often good choices for anyone who isn’t quite sure whether or not they’ll continue kayaking in the long run.
Read on to learn more about the SunDolphin Kayak product line and to pick a kayak that works well for your needs.
Option #1. Sun Dolphin Excursion 10-Foot Sit-In Fishing Kayak
Bring home the Sun Dolphin Excursion 10-Foot Sit-In Fishing Kayak and get started learning how to fish from your kayak in no time. This kayak is perfect for beginners and intermediate anglers, and it features a sit-inside design that will keep you stable, secure, and comfortable all day. The kayak comes in either olive green or gray and is perfect for blending into your surroundings while waiting for the fish to come.
***TRY HOBIE MIRAGE KAYAKS TODAY: Enjoy Mirage fishing kayaks with pedal drive in our Hobie list review selection. Hobie Kayak.
- The kayak is lightweight and easy to transport, and since it’s only ten feet long, it’s easy to mount too.
- The kayak includes rod holders for your convenience.
- This kayak is not designed to hold up as well as some others on the market, so although it’s good for beginners, it may not be ideal for those who go kayaking on a regular basis or professionally.
- Many customers report this choice arriving with missing parts.
Option #2. Sun Dolphin Phoenix Sit-In Kayak
Available in a unique purple swirl color, the Sun Dolphin Phoenix Sit-In Kayak includes tons of storage and plenty of comfort to help you kayak as long as you want to. This boat is a sit-inside style with a built-in seatback and seat pad to keep you comfortable. Perfect for beginners, this boat includes just enough features without being too overwhelming or complicated to learn how to use.
- This kayak is lightweight and easy to maneuver, and it isn’t too difficult to pick up and carry without assistance either.
- The kayak makes it easy to learn how to steer and paddle, and it’s stable enough to keep beginners upright.
- The kayak doesn’t have a very high weight limit, at only 250 pounds.
- The kayak is flimsier than many others on the market and may not hold up to frequent use.
Option #3. Sun Dolphin Bali 10-Foot Sit-On-Top Kayak
If you prefer a sit-on-top style kayak, check out the Sun Dolphin Bali 10-Foot Sit-On-Top Kayak to meet your needs. This offer is designed to make it easier than ever before to start kayaking, even if you’ve never given it a try. The sit-on-top style is great for beginners and makes mounting and dismounting quick and simple, and the no-frills design is easy to operate and learn.
- This kayak comes in five different bold and bright colors.
- The kayak features foot braces and knee pads for comfort and ease of use.
- The kayak doesn’t include any handles for carrying or hauling.
- This choice is stable but may not track very well in the water.
Option #4. Sun Dolphin Journey 10-Foot Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak
Pick between olive green or sandy brown when you go with the Sun Dolphin Journey 10-Foot Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak . This kayak is a good starter option for kayakers who want to start fishing (or anglers who want to start kayaking). This option includes built-in carrying handles and is lightweight enough for a single person to haul and operate without assistance.
- This boat includes three rod holders, one of which is a swivel rod holder.
- The built-in seat features a supportive backrest.
- This kayak can support only 250 pounds, so it may not be large enough for all adults and may not hold much gear, either.
- This offer is only intended for use in very calm waters.
Option #5. Sun Dolphin Aruba Sit-In Kayak
The Sun Dolphin Aruba Sit-In Kayak is one of the more popular products from the Sun Dolphin kayak line. This boat includes thigh pads as well as built-in foot braces to keep passengers more stable and upright in the water. The seat well includes a padded seatback and is within each reach of the bungee cord on-deck storage.
***GET A SUN DOLPHIN BOAT FOR FISHING: Pick up Sun Dolphin fishing kayaks in our kayaking boat selection. Sun Dolphin Kayak.
- This no-frills kayak includes a paddle holder and a water bottle holder for convenience and safety.
- The kayak comes in four different vibrant solid colors with black accents.
- The plastic hull on this kayak scratches and dents easily, so it isn’t a long-lasting product.
- This kayak doesn’t track as well as some others from Sun Dolphin.
Did you find the right kayak for your needs? There are a lot of options among the Sun Dolphin line, and these offers listed above really only scratch the surface of what’s available. Of course, they are also some of the most popular picks, so if you’re looking for something to help point you in the right direction toward your new kayak, don’t hesitate to choose from the list above. Just remember that the company may also offer other boats that work for you, too!
What kinds of activities are these kayaks best suited for? Can you tackle rapids in a kayak from Sun Dolphin, or should you stick to calmer waters? Here are a few tips to keep in mind regarding your Sun Dolphin kayak:
- Most of the recreational kayaks from Sun Dolphin are intended for calm waters. Some of these kayaks may be able to handle a little chop, but none of them are meant for rapids.
- All of the fishing kayaks are designed for calm waters only.
- The fishing kayaks from Sun Dolphin are intended for use when fishing, so they have additional features that anglers may want. This means they are, sometimes, not appropriate for touring or exploration.
- The fishing kayaks may also be heavier due to their additional features, which contributes to making them less desirable for those who just want to paddle around and see the sights.
- Sun Dolphin recommends using its kayaks on lakes and rivers only, for safety purposes.
Keep all of this in mind when you’re trying to decide which kayak is right for you. And remember, don’t take your Sun Dolphin kayak out on very rough rapids, as it’s not meant to be safe and stable enough for this type of experience. Safety first!
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 11:45 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.