Our Choice Recommendation
- Durable & Lightweight - Fully inflates to a full sized kayak in less than 10 minutes and weighs a manageable 28...
- Stable & Maneuverable - Rigid High Pressure Drop Stitch Floor, Removable Flat Water Tracking Fin, and ample rocker...
- Adventure Ready - Whitewater Rating: Suitable up to class III and IV rapids, 8 Self Bailing Ports, Plentiful Tie...
Are you looking to buy a kayak for whitewater?
Are you looking for some detailed features of some whitewater kayaks before you buy one?
Would you like to know some important specifications to find the best one?
Whether you are going to buy a kayak for whitewater for the first time, or are looking to upgrade or change yours, this article can help you find the kayak of your choice. In this article, we are sharing reviews of 3 such whitewater kayaks that you can easily buy online.
Also, to help you in your selection process, we will share tips on how to spot a kayak for whitewater that will be suitable for your needs. We also share information on some things you need to keep in mind when you are looking for a whitewater kayak. So read on and we hope this helps.
***BUY THE BEST KAYAKS FOR SALE TODAY: Buy the best kayaks for sale in our list collection. Kayak For Sale.
Do you really need to use a special kayak for whitewater kayaking?
If you are thinking of transitioning to whitewater rafting from flat water rafting, or if you are thinking of using your regular flat water kayak for whitewater rafting, the thing is – just any kayak won’t really cut it.
- This is because the volume of the boat needs to be appropriate to the weight of the paddler.
- But if you are not using the right type of kayak, this can go wrong, and can make kayaking on whitewater really difficult for you.
- Using the right kayak will make it easier, safer and way more fun!
Features and functions in whitewater kayaks
Here are some features and functions you should look for in your kayak for whitewater that will make them appropriate and safe to use:
- The kayaks meant for whitewater rafting are usually shorter and have a rounder structure, which makes them easier to move. These are usually less than 9 feet in length.
- Big volume kayaks will help the kayak surface faster and will keep you on the water. It also helps you see ahead more clearly and easily.
How to choose the best whitewater kayak
Here are some of the important things you should look out for, as well as a few helpful tips that can help you choose your perfect whitewater kayak:
***FIND THE BEST FISHING KAYAK HERE: Pick up the best fishing kayak in our list collection. Kayaks For Fishing.
- More rocker: Look out for more rocker in the kayak as this will help it move faster and will make it easier to move through the rapids.
- Adjustable outfitting: This will get you the best fit which is crucial during whitewater kayaking as it will improve the responsiveness of the kayak to your hip and knee moves.
- Choose as per your specifications: The kayak should meet your height and weight specifications to give you the best performance on water.
- 3 main types: Choose between River Runners, Creek Boats and Play Boats for the best whitewater kayak.
3 of the best whitewater kayaks that you can buy on Amazon
Driftsun Rover 120/220 Inflatable Tandem White-Water Kayak
This kayak for whitewater is light in weight but extremely durable . The kayak is made with reinforced layered PVC side tubes. The bottom is made with heavy-duty PVC tarpaulin and keeps the kayak protected against any puncture. This choice takes less than 5 minutes to inflate it to a full-sized kayak. The kayak features a rigid high pressure drop stitch floor that gives it added stability and makes it easier to manoeuvre. This option also has a flat water tracking fin that is removable, as well as a lot of rocker profile that helps in further improving stability and provides better control as you kayak through flat and rough water.
This kayak is suitable to use in class III and class IV rapids. There are 7 rapid self-bailing drain plugs that will help to quickly and easily remove the water from the cockpit area. This offer has enough tie-down points that will help in gear and front action camera mount, as well 5 self-bailing ports. The kayak comes with an adjustable EVA padded seat that has a high back support, adjustable foot rests, reinforced handles for ease of carrying, high pressure valves, an adjustable kayak paddle with an ergonomic grip, rear tracking fin, deluxe double action hand pump and more. This choice comes in 2 color options.
Dimensions are 8.5 foot length X 36 inches width X 13 inches height. This option weighs 22 lbs and has a maximum capacity of 300 lbs. The inflation pressure is 3 PSI side tubes and 6 PSI floor. This offer seats 1 or 2 passengers.
***GET THE BEST TANDEM KAYAKS HERE: Grab the best tandem kayak in our list collection. Tandem Kayak.
- Heavy duty
- Very sturdy
- Easy to stand in
- Moves with ease
- Easy to get in and get out of
- Easily adjustable seats
- Converts from 1 to 2 passenger seating
- Easy to inflate and deflate
- This choice may get a tiny puncture hole
Dagger Phantom Sit Inside Whitewater Kayak, Creeker Short Boat Kayak
This kayak for whitewater is suitable to be used in class I to class V water . It gives you the perfect balance to track as well as the ease of manoeuvring by being able to change direction rapidly. The kayak comes with optimized volume that will enhance your performance. This option is built in such a way that it can comfortably accommodate paddlers of different height and weight. The kayak has a deck curvature that will help to optimize speed and improve your manoeuvring skills. This offer also has an accentuated rocker and a crisp rail profile. The kayak will ride high on water but at the same time will also move well on drops and holes.
The kayak has tank style roto molded seating along with leg filter. This choice also has an Ergo outfitted contour, thigh braces, hip pads and adjustable foot braces. There are security grab handles to give you added safety. This kayak is available in 4 colors.
Dimensions are 8 foot 11 inches length. This option weighs 49.5 lbs and is ideal to carry weights between 145-255 lbs.
- Moves fast
- Handles rough waters easily
- Great manoeuvring
- Comfortable seating
- Stable and sturdy
- We didn’t’ find any yet, just that you may fall too in love with whitewater kayaking!
Dagger Nomad 8.6 Medium Sit Inside Whitewater Kayak, Creeker Kayak with Contour Ergo Outfitting
This kayak for whitewater comes with more speed, volume and rocker than some of their other popular models! Even as it stays sporty and nimble, it will easily move through almost all the biggest water spots. The contour Ergo outfitting gives it added security and strength , while ensuring you feel comfortable. This offer also has a ratchet adjustable backband along with roto molded seating that is in tank style. You also have leg filter for added comfort. The safety step-out wall will ensure you are safe, even as you have all the fun and adventure you want. This choice comes in 2 color options.
Dimensions are 8 foot 6 inches length X 26.5 inches width. This option weighs 48.5 lbs and is ideal to carry weights between 135-210 lbs.
- Very solid
- Comes with extra volume
- Pronounced rocker
- Less color options
Now that you have read through all the features you need to check for buying a kayak that will be perfect for your whitewater needs, we are sure you already have a favorite out of the ones we shared here. Read through their features once again to get yourself the best kayak for whitewater out there.
Last update on 2022-09-26 at 13:47 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.